Console...

John_Cassels

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just picked up an '00 RT/10 (Steel Grey with cognac) and I had my 70-year old father out for a spin at his request. Well upon getting out of the car, he leaned on the console, and you can imagine what happened. I am always super careful about not leaning on the center console; however, my father (who would understandably have no idea) did not know about the design flaw of the hollow center consoles. Luckily he did not crack through the vinyl but if I can replace the center console a reasonable price I'd love to do so. So my question is: does anyone here have an extra cognac center console available for sale? I checked the Mopar parts catalogue and they are available but at a very steep price of $710. I have already contacted Paul Scharf and he does not have any cognac consoles available.

Thank you for your time,
Johnny

OP
OP
J

John_Cassels

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses guys – I think it is in a position where it could be repaired so I will peruse the forum postings (thanks mitchdob). If anyone has anyone for sale I wouldn't mind having an extra in case something like this happens again and the damage is far more significant.

viperdude119

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what the rules are now days on mentioning vendors or non vendors on here, but I just saw a cognac console for sale, google viper parts in maryville, il.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im adding that wedge from Jon B to my wishlist, never knew it existed

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the console in my Cognac RT cracked when an over zealous GF leaned on the console to hard. thought it was going to need to be replaced. Purchased the support from Daves and it looks as good as new. Highly recommend.

OP
OP
J

John_Cassels

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, the wisdom is always appreciated. I will definitely be buying one of Jon B's console support wedges and hopefully I have the same experience as Mach4444. If anyone has an extra cognac console lying around (I know that sounds bizarre), I am still interested in acquiring an extra

SteelGray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
saw a cognac console on eBay i think it was $450 buy it now price.