coolant fill using Airlift 55000

Dr. Pepper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought the Airlift 55000 to fill my 94 RT10's cooling system (drained it to replace a sensor). Couldn't get all the air pockets out before- even after following all the burping instructions from several people....Now that the radiator, most of the block and the pressurized coolant reservoir is empty, should the overflow tank below the passenger headlight be empty, half full or full when I start to refill using this system???? Thanks

Geronimo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought the Airlift 55000 to fill my 94 RT10's cooling system (drained it to replace a sensor). Couldn't get all the air pockets out before- even after following all the burping instructions from several people....Now that the radiator, most of the block and the pressurized coolant reservoir is empty, should the overflow tank below the passenger headlight be empty, half full or full when I start to refill using this system???? Thanks
Fill it up. Let the car idle to temp and keep an eye on it and pack the coolant from the coolant tank filler. When it won't take anymore put the cap on and let idle to reach operating temp.When you shut the car off it will pull coolant from the reservoir if there is still some air in the system. Still may need to do it a few times even with the Airlift.

OP
OP
Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once done, do you then siphon some out of the overflow tank since it should normally be half full (between the marks) ?

Geronimo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once done, do you then siphon some out of the overflow tank since it should normally be half full (between the marks) ?
I didn't. Not going to hurt anything being a little overfilled. I think it has a overflow at the top of the tank or mine has a hole in it at the top:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper