Cooling System Recall

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspect that you are more technically adept than I am, however I will give it a shot: The cooling fan on the SRT-10 is actually run from the power steering pump. I would assume that the check ball (which regulates the flow) is not properly retained due to a design flaw. Thus if it should break loose, it could end up anywhere in the steering system where the fluid circulates. Not sure how it would affect the gears per se, but can see where it could potentially wreak havoc in the steering system itself.

Just realize this is coming from an unedumucated schmuck. ;)

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd think the edumatcated guys at DC would make sure to tell us if the check ball could potentially cause an overheated engine, a locked up rack, or a leak from a broken check ball punching through a high pressure hose.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I may have had this problem; the steering was notch and noisy, the P/S pump whined, and the car ran hot. The dealer replaced the P/S pump,but that was before the recall. So I will go back for the recall next week.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had this problem, and had 3 different components replaced, with this recalled system being the one that fixed it (so who knows I might be the case that started the recall, since this happened in August).

Mine started with the power steering system simply failing in high-heat situations, this happened twice, but was not reproducable. This got worse and worse, and finally, the cooling fan simply never came on, no matter how hot the engine got. Of course this got pretty bad, and BIG time overheat problems.

Scared the crap out of me!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960