Corsa Exhaust Installed

V

VCA Forum Staff

Enough.

We have gone through this thread and deleted posts that are in violation of the Site Posting Policies #2, #3, #4, #5, #7. If one of your posts was edited/deleted consider this your notification. This thread will remain open so long as it doesn't violate posting policies. Should the violations continue the thread will be closed and strikes given to the parties that are repeatedly violating the posting policies.

Carry on with the ORIGINAL topic of this thread.

VCA Forum Staff

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that everyone is afraid to reply, I'll go first. :rolaugh:
Sweet exhaust.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Jack should wait. Wait until after Mopar Nats. If he scores that 10 second pass I can get that on video too while were on topic. :D

--RS

PilotaX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding ignorant -- well what the hay -- why does the Gen 5 have so much more resonance than the Gen 4 and even the Gen 2?

My Gen 4 is pretty 100% drone free. Even my Gen 2 with Corsa exhaust and Belanger headers is relatively pretty much drone free.

Is it due to the subtle changes in engine design? Or is the issue just the desire to make a little more power, which cannot be had with an exhaust design like that of the Gen 4?

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any vid of the sound?

I played vids on YouTube with Belanger headers & exhaust and they sounded great. Will that product fit the V?

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idk why you are all complaining about drone or resonance. I heard nothing when I test drove it.

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put 100 miles on my car last Sunday ( which is allot for me) ...couldn't be happier with the exhaust compared to all the previous generations.
The only thing I hate about the Viper ..is all the people that complain about the viper.....

Im grateful that SRT came through and started building them again...with all the wonderful additions and improvements. A perfect car it is not....but the progression is definitely in the right direction...which is appreciated by the few who actually get it...

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put 100 miles on my car last Sunday ( which is allot for me) ...couldn't be happier with the exhaust compared to all the previous generations.
The only thing I hate about the Viper ..is all the people that complain about the viper.....

Im grateful that SRT came through and started building them again...with all the wonderful additions and improvements. A perfect car it is not....but the progression is definitely in the right direction...which is appreciated by the few who actually get it...

Yea it is probably attitude like this that makes them think if everyone is going to complain about the car why build it?? I think the viper has annoyances and I will say it over and over again. But the pros far outweigh the cons and none of the annoyances are a deal breaker by any standard.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Definitely agreed....on all points actually

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got 200 miles on the car in 3 days and love this exhaust just the way it is, loud enough and no drone. If Corsa does better, I'll have to hear it first.
I also kept my Belanger headers from the Gen 4, just in case we find out that they fit the 5.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got 200 miles on the car in 3 days and love this exhaust just the way it is, loud enough and no drone. If Corsa does better, I'll have to hear it first.
I also kept my Belanger headers from the Gen 4, just in case we find out that they fit the 5.

Bernie at Tomball Dodge/Viper Exchange has taken a set of gen4 Balangers and had them modified to fit a gen5. They are still testing and making the exhaust. If you are on Facebook, find the Viper Exchange page and Like. They are posting the progress there.

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does that include headers

Bernie at Tomball Dodge/Viper Exchange has taken a set of gen4 Balangers and had them modified to fit a gen5. They are still testing and making the exhaust. If you are on Facebook, find the Viper Exchange page and Like. They are posting the progress there.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Belanger headers and exhaust complete with sound clip at Viper Exchange Facebook page. Dyno coming in a week or so.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of us not on Facebook, please post a link when available.
How do you like the sound ?
Did they keep the stock Gen 5 mufflers or cats ?
I'm very interested in this system since I kept my Belanger headers and HF cats from the Gen 4

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a long talk with Sean Roe earlier in the year, he had very good success with the Balengers on the Gen 4. The same should apply to the Gen 5.

For those of us not on Facebook, please post a link when available.
How do you like the sound ?
Did they keep the stock Gen 5 mufflers or cats ?
I'm very interested in this system since I kept my Belanger headers and HF cats from the Gen 4

Cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If my V-10 Gallardo sounds the way it does then there is no reason why our V-10 Viper can't sound just as good.. Love my Gen V GTS but my 08 G just sounds so much better. I like the different sound a Viper makes. Loved my Gen II with Corsa and no Cats. Hopefully they can pull it off again and make a nice Viper Rumble.. As it stands stock of course is too quite for me due to the government. But I am sure of the next 6 months some nice systems will be out for our cars.

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Side pipes and asymmetrical firing make it tough

If my V-10 Gallardo sounds the way it does then there is no reason why our V-10 Viper can't sound just as good.. Love my Gen V GTS but my 08 G just sounds so much better. I like the different sound a Viper makes. Loved my Gen II with Corsa and no Cats. Hopefully they can pull it off again and make a nice Viper Rumble.. As it stands stock of course is too quite for me due to the government. But I am sure of the next 6 months some nice systems will be out for our cars.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that I've put about 1,000 miles on my Viper, there are two things I would change: The exhaust and the stereo. I opted for the 12 speaker, but if I were to do it over, I'd go for the 18 speaker in order to hear it more clearly over the exhaust. The exhaust's resonance is very apparent to my ear, in that it gets much louder between about 2,000 and 2,400 RPM. It's fine most of the time, but you can't easily talk on the hands free phone or listen to tunes. On an 800 mile trip, it gets fatiguing. I like the sound of the exhaust everywhere except for the drone RPM band.

Jack, I'm trying to understand if Corsa was successful in getting rid of the drone on the GTS, can you please elaborate? If so, sign me up.

Also curious if there is any improvement in heat shielding with the Corsa compared to the stock exhaust. The Viper sill plates get pretty hot. And after hearing reports by Motor Trend of melting paint, I'm a little concerned what will happen when I track it at Thunderhill all day in 95 degree weather. Last time I tracked there in the Camaro it was 108 degrees, LOL.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that I've put about 1,000 miles on my Viper, there are two things I would change: The exhaust and the stereo. I opted for the 12 speaker, but if I were to do it over, I'd go for the 18 speaker in order to hear it more clearly over the exhaust. The exhaust's resonance is very apparent to my ear, in that it gets much louder between about 2,000 and 2,400 RPM. It's fine most of the time, but you can't easily talk on the hands free phone or listen to tunes. On an 800 mile trip, it gets fatiguing. I like the sound of the exhaust everywhere except for the drone RPM band.

Jack, I'm trying to understand if Corsa was successful in getting rid of the drone on the GTS, can you please elaborate? If so, sign me up.

Also curious if there is any improvement in heat shielding with the Corsa compared to the stock exhaust. The Viper sill plates get pretty hot. And after hearing reports by Motor Trend of melting paint, I'm a little concerned what will happen when I track it at Thunderhill all day in 95 degree weather. Last time I tracked there in the Camaro it was 108 degrees, LOL.

Same results here, stock exhaust has a pleasant note except for the Drone zone in the 2,000 to 2,400 rpm wher it becomes tiresome on highway drives.
The 18 speaker radio is simply badass, so much deep deep bass, as I never opened the radio in my Gen4 and now I do it a lot more in the GTS

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No melting paint, but there has been a slight tinge of yellow on white on one small portion of the sill (ill post a pic later) it isn't noticeable unless you look for it.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the Viper has for insulation BUT there are several products based on a NASA development called aerogel that are very effective, don't weigh a hill of beans and are very easy to use as a wrap. Google under aerogel and look at auto products:2tu: