Corsa Exhaust with Random Cats

mdviper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to do the exhaust on my 05 vert.....

I was quoted a price of $1,428.00 for the Corsa Exhaust......$90.00 to ship and $289.00 for the install.

The Random cats are $708.00....$25.00 to ship and $150.00 for the install.

These prices seam reasonable to me ( In Maryland )

I have read plenty about the Corsa / Random combo....

Is this the way most "Vipers" go???...........am I gonna want headers now or later?

I'm rambling......I need a PUSH!!

Thanks!!

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Corsa with stock Cats and I love em! Sounds good when you are on it and not too loud crusing.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the way most people are going these days. Those prices on the parts seem high to me though...are they including the shipping and installation? If so then those prices are great.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I'd go with MOPAR Off-road.

More power, cheaper and comes with the O2 sims included.

Mine is custom-made, but the mopar would be the most similar.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have Corsa's with RT cats. Love it. Very loud and noticeable when on it,yet not too deafening. My buddy removed his cats all together, and while it sounds good,you get a headache with the windows down.

Im very pleased with the Corsa's and noticed a bit of power increase on the dyno. put down 468hp to the wheels with only corsa's and RT cats

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was quoted a price of $1,428.00 for the Corsa Exhaust......$90.00 to ship and $289.00 for the install.

These prices seam reasonable to me ( In Maryland )

I have read plenty about the Corsa / Random combo....

Is this the way most "Vipers" go???...........am I gonna want headers now or later?

I'm rambling......I need a PUSH!!

Thanks!!

who ya buying them from?

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I have Corsa's with RT cats. Love it. Very loud and noticeable when on it,yet not too deafening. My buddy removed his cats all together, and while it sounds good,you get a headache with the windows down.

Im very pleased with the Corsa's and noticed a bit of power increase on the dyno. put down 468hp to the wheels with only corsa's and RT cats

Yes, it was noisy.

But:
-I am using 32" MAGNAFLOW mufflers...
-Now I have VORTEX cones, huge difference.

So I have a car w/out cats, but as quiet or quieter than one with cat-back+cats.

The biggest difference is the Vortex cones.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cant wait to put my corsa's on, but still waiting on my RT high flows. Just called RT today and they said due to adverse weather conditions, they are stuck in Colorado. That *****

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it was noisy.

But:

So I have a car w/out cats, but as quiet or quieter than one with cat-back+cats.

Have you dyno'd it with your set up with the cones? I get the mufflers. I'll probably replace the corsa mufflers with real mufflers because it's just too loud....but the cones? Those have to be some kind of restriction.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Yes, it was noisy.

But:

Have you dyno'd it with your set up with the cones? I get the mufflers. I'll probably replace the corsa mufflers with real mufflers because it's just too loud....but the cones? Those have to be some kind of restriction.

No I haven't :-(

I am too lazy to drive on weekends (ride the bike) and weekdays I close shop late...

But I did some research on the cones, and apparently since the area of the cone is actually greater than the inside diameter of the pipe, there is very little if any h.p. loss. Definitely better than that long honeycomb that a cat is.

Go to their webpage and check it out, then google it..

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I haven't :-(

I am too lazy to drive on weekends (ride the bike) and weekdays I close shop late...

But I did some research on the cones, and apparently since the area of the cone is actually greater than the inside diameter of the pipe, there is very little if any h.p. loss. Definitely better than that long honeycomb that a cat is.

Go to their webpage and check it out, then google it..

hmmm, I get it.....I guess that makes sense......just not a fan of any kind of blockage :) Get it dyno'd man.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I tried the cones on two Vipers, hp loss was about 10 at the rears in one, 6 in the other, so not a big deal.

Problem was that they didn't cut the volume down much for me, so I removed them.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I tried the cones on two Vipers, hp loss was about 10 at the rears in one, 6 in the other, so not a big deal.

Problem was that they didn't cut the volume down much for me, so I removed them.

Just curious, was this on 2-1/2 or 3" pipes?

Mine are 3" but I know that most of the aftermarket exhausts are 2-1/2.

I am betting on the cones providing less restriction on 3" than on 2-1/2's...?

I'll get it dynoed some day! hopefully now during X-mas, little work around here.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Both exhaust systems were 3-inches.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score

I don't pretend to know more than a sound engineer, but I like to always be trying new stuff...

VORTEX cones are originally for drag race cars, w/out mufffers, so they fit the sound rules of the track.

I figured that's why they suggest placing the cones after the collectors.

Well I placed mine right after the mufflers, I figured I'd give the mufflers a second chance at baffling the sound bounced back into them.

And at least for me they work pretty well, because before the car was undriveable and I even feared for hearing loss!

who knows....??

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

And at least for me they work pretty well, because before the car was undriveable and I even feared for hearing loss!

who knows....??

Thats what Im worried about for my buddy. I think he is already starting to lose his hearing. No cats is LOUD. But does sound good.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FINALLY after about a week delay, from a 4 week wait due to severe weather conditon's, My RT 3" high flow's showed up today:) I will be up late putting my corsa 3" track on tonight. I would also like to thank AB for the very helpful thread on putting on Corsa's. Im anxious to hear this beast with the new exhaust!!!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi all,

These prices seam reasonable to me Thanks!!

Corsa $1428+cats $708 + s/h $105 = $2241. PartsRack would save you more than $225 off these prices for Parts and Shipping alone....and NO TAX !!!!

{Over 50% of all advertising dollars are wasted. Save Money at PartsRack!)

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bought my corsa and high flows from Jon B, and also received a die cast viper car, and viper brochure and a gift. :)

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FINALLY after about a week delay, from a 4 week wait due to severe weather conditon's, My RT 3" high flow's showed up today:) I will be up late putting my corsa 3" track on tonight. I would also like to thank AB for the very helpful thread on putting on Corsa's. Im anxious to hear this beast with the new exhaust!!!!

So did ya get it on last night. I remember when I started mine for the first time after the install. Then did some runs up and down the street in front of my buddies shop. :cool: :headbang:

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So did ya get it on last night. I remember when I started mine for the first time after the install. Then did some runs up and down the street in front of my buddies shop. :cool: :headbang:

I started to put my exhaust on lastnight, and a girl I have been recently seeing call's and wants to come over. Well long story short I got it on but it wasn't my exhaust. NOW Im ready to install my RT high flows and corsa exhaust the question I have is there is a little packet of black grease that is attached to 1 of the corsa clamps, what is this grease for? Thanks TT

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont have exact measurments, but they do expand. Mine are close to the front , and then expand back but dont hit the back of opening or you would burn sill and have a rattle. Center tip in sill,then moveinward till you have probably 1/4" or so of room. I think thats what I did and it works fine.Cant evn tell that they are not centered. Watch the botttom and top too. Just take your time. i must have pulled my sill on and off about 10 times that day.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont have exact measurments, but they do expand. Mine are close to the front , and then expand back but dont hit the back of opening or you would burn sill and have a rattle. Center tip in sill,then moveinward till you have probably 1/4" or so of room. I think thats what I did and it works fine.Cant evn tell that they are not centered. Watch the botttom and top too. Just take your time. i must have pulled my sill on and off about 10 times that day.

thanks Mike, I will try that.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The grease is anti-sieze for the clamps.

I set the tips so they touch the sill at 7:30 on the driver side and 4:30 on the passanger side. When hot the tips move to the middle or a bit more.

After you have it set where you want , you'll need to put a couple spot welds at the joint otherwise, you'll have to play with them again later.

OP
OP
M

mdviper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great info.......I'm gonna go with the whole set-up from partsrack.....thanks for the email JonB.

My Dodge dealership "says" that they can do the install of the Corsa and the RT's for $400.00.....

My lift is not installed yet in the shop so I may just wait until it is and do the work over the winter?

Again.....thanks for all the great info......I need to find that link for the "how to" on the Corsa Exhaust.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great info.......I'm gonna go with the whole set-up from partsrack.....thanks for the email JonB.

My Dodge dealership "says" that they can do the install of the Corsa and the RT's for $400.00.....

My lift is not installed yet in the shop so I may just wait until it is and do the work over the winter?

Again.....thanks for all the great info......I need to find that link for the "how to" on the Corsa Exhaust.

here ya go mdviper1
http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=764604&page=0&vc=1