Corsa + hiflo cats

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just put on my corsa on my 09 ACR and i love it . I expected it to be louder . but i still like it .

Now thinking on putting my hiflo cats (RT) , any experience with hiflo cats ? does it get much louder than with the corsa only ?
Is it aggressive enough ??I do not want the car to overly loud , just aggressive enough and badass . On my srt ram i put on mopar headers+decat and magnablow and it was LOUD !! do NOT want that to happen with the snake.

thanks guys
:drive:

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mo:

Depends on size and substrate.

Of course, 2 cats vs 4 will be louder!
Since your Corsa fits the OE cats, the OE sized HF ceramic cats are nice and mellow. The SHF Metal Honeycombs are louder still. CORSA itself says they prefer (and buy) the ceramic version vs the SHF metals.

3" would be louder still, but would have to be reduced to fit the Corsa with OE inlet

Last edited:

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACRsnake,

Your Gen 4 ACR will not re-act sound wise at idle or partial throttle the same as a Gen 3 Viper with header, highflow cats and performance muffler upgrades.

The VV dynamic camshaft is by design very mild at idle and low rpm which allows the V10 to almost purr and become emmissions friendly, while as the rpm's rev up opens like a race camshaft to deliver the goods to the big Gen 4 cylinder heads.

At WOT with headers, hf cats and performance mufflers the ACRX will scare Little Old Lady's and raise a few eyebrows for sure! :usa:

Toddy

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had just the Corsa on my '06 Coupe. Sounded good(waaay better than stock w/ the crossover!), but not loud.

With my '08 I decided to go with Roe H/F cats and Corsa. At idle/cruise, it's actually mellow, but it does make some noise at WOT - which I like.;)
It does have a deeper/stronger tone as well.

Not sure how else to describe it?

AndrewDoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just put on my corsa on my 09 ACR and i love it . I expected it to be louder . but i still like it .

Now thinking on putting my hiflo cats (RT) , any experience with hiflo cats ? does it get much louder than with the corsa only ?
Is it aggressive enough ??I do not want the car to overly loud , just aggressive enough and badass . On my srt ram i put on mopar headers+decat and magnablow and it was LOUD !! do NOT want that to happen with the snake.

thanks guys
:drive:

I did this on my '10. Mopar PCM, RT Hi-flows, and Corsa. It is louder and more "race car", but, my wife said my '05 with just a Borla cat back was louder, and it "shook the whole house".

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking about 3.55 also for my 08 but I'm afraid it could be too much gear, not enough traction. How do you like it ?

For the most part, I definitely prefer it over the stock gears. I love being able to use 6th gear without doing 70mph.

Only problem is traction. The PS2's are overwhelmed in 1st at WOT, basically all of the time. I had 3.55's in my '06 coupe (PS2's as well) and it would hook in the warmer temps on the street. The '08 just has too much power once the cam kicks in.

I've been wanting to hit the strip for quite a while now(though I can't seem to get there), but I figure I'll be spinning through 1st(at least) and the ET will be screwed. I'd really like to find a stickier tire for the rear, but not necessarily a drag radial. Maybe the Sport Cup - I don't know?

In the colder temps - well, you already know how traction is.

Oddly though, regardless of traction(or lack there of), I still want more power.;)

As of now, I have the Mopar PCM; Filter; Roe HF Cats; Corsa; 3.55's; Woodhouse Engine Mounts. Ported Intake is on the wish list.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the most part, I definitely prefer it over the stock gears. I love being able to use 6th gear without doing 70mph.

Only problem is traction. The PS2's are overwhelmed in 1st at WOT, basically all of the time. I had 3.55's in my '06 coupe (PS2's as well) and it would hook in the warmer temps on the street. The '08 just has too much power once the cam kicks in.

I've been wanting to hit the strip for quite a while now(though I can't seem to get there), but I figure I'll be spinning through 1st(at least) and the ET will be screwed. I'd really like to find a stickier tire for the rear, but not necessarily a drag radial. Maybe the Sport Cup - I don't know?

In the colder temps - well, you already know how traction is.

Oddly though, regardless of traction(or lack there of), I still want more power.;)

As of now, I have the Mopar PCM; Filter; Roe HF Cats; Corsa; 3.55's; Woodhouse Engine Mounts. Ported Intake is on the wish list.

Thanks, just what I tought, but how about launching in second gear at the strip with 3.55 ? Anybody tried that?

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone got CELs with the hiflo+corsa ? - thats on a Gen4 offcourse :)

No CEL on my 08 when I was running Roe Racing HiFlow cats and stock mufflers.
Now I got Belangers Headers with H/F cats and Stock mufflers and I do get the CEL when running the OE PCM. The Mopar PCM makes the car run smoother and stronger and has NO CEL.

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an 08 with the HF Roe's and the Corsa. Threw a CEL. Got one of the code readers that clears it. After clearing it once the CEL has come on only 2 more times.

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@ 70 mph can you have a conversation in the car ?

I have had RT high flows with 3in Corsa and stock engine, also stock cats with 2.5in
Corsa and Paxton and I would say no to talking at 70mph. You will need ear plugs
at idle in the garage with the 3in set up. Best to ride in one first before you dump
over a grand, IMO the drone with the 3in was unbearable, the 2.5in set up was much
better but still had drone. These were both Gen 3 cars, I now have a 2009 with stock
cats and straight pipe back, no muffler, and the sound is much better, lower, not Corsa
rasp, and little if no drone at cruise but the closest thing to a V8 I have heard when
you open it up.

Herc

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the Corsa AND hi flo cats from PartsRack on my previous 09 Viper and its well worth it IMO. I did the Corsa first and then the cats, and the cats make a MUCH better sound not to mention cooler in the side sills. Call Jon if interested.

OP
OP
A

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys , i already have the Rts ,got them from JonB . i was just wondering if i should put them on or not . but i guess next weekend i will do it .

I would not want a V8 sound , a V10 exotic viper should not sound like a V8 stang . I like the raspy lower bass euro sounds better ...much better .

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys , i already have the Rts ,got them from JonB . i was just wondering if i should put them on or not . but i guess next weekend i will do it .

I would not want a V8 sound , a V10 exotic viper should not sound like a V8 stang . I like the raspy lower bass euro sounds better ...much better .

Which do you have, 3in or 2.5in? I thought the 2.5 had more of the "exotic" sound
and less of the UPS truck sound, could have been the help of the Paxton though.
With the 3in and RTs I ended up trying CCI inserts and Vortex cones, still a bit
loud. Post your thoughts after you get it up and running with the RTs.

Herc

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang