Corsa vs. Borla

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This has been hashed and rehashed many times here. I drove
a car with the Borla and found the interior resonance unacceptable. I ended up with Corsa 3" and hi flow cats. I love the sound and interior resonance is not existant. Others here love the Borlas and dont mind the interior noise, best idea is
to try to find both on cars, if you cant, buy Corsa, you will like it.

Luvjet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Graphite GTS, I'll be @ PaPa's BBQ tonight. I have Borlas on mine. If you want to hear it from the inside we can go around the block and you can see for yourself. I've heard nothing but good things about the Corsas but I am perfectly happy with the Borlas. My liscence plate is my user name.

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Borla's and think they're fine. When I replaced the cats with Hi-Flow cats, the sound changed again (boomier, if that's a word). It's a matter of personal preference. Having said that, my next set will be Corsa's because the sound is... crisper, and a bit deeper, to me. Just like it a bit better. The Borla's do have a resonance, it just depends on if you mind it. Growing up on Flowmaster's, I'm used to it. I do have a Roadster, and with the hard top on, the borla's sound better than they do with the top off (less resonance, more general rattles
smile.gif

Aside from the sound difference inside and out, the Borla set doesn't seem to be manufactured as well. A friend of mine has the Corsa's in a GTS and his fit up was better, but both were quite easy to align.

On another note, with stock headers and basically a stock engine (filters, tubes) I think putting the 3" cat back with the hi-flow cats changed my performance a bit. It feels like (not scientific) I lost a little torque (based on 1st gear rolling tromps) but picked up a bit on the top end (pulled harder to the red line).

Just my observation in my 98 Roadster.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An important observation -- resonance, regardless of exhaust, is much louder in the GTS than in the RT/10. The reason is of course that the trunk area in the RT/10 is separated from the cockpit, while in the GTS they are one.

I also observe that all the "I don't mind the Borla" comments in this thread are coming from RT owners, while the poster is a GTS owner.

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graphite GTS,

I have a Belanger exhaust on my car and live in your area. If you would like to hear the sound of the Belanger system just send me an email.

CStegall