Corsa vs. Borla ?

kennyb65

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback on the engine "tick". Was just wondering what everyones thoughts were on Corsa vs. Borla ... reomve the crossover? And what about the cat. converts ...... should they stay or should they go? :drive:

p.s. watch out for the speed traps up on I-65 north of Lafayette

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi-flow Cats and Corsa.

Call JonB as he has the most feedback on all the various exhaust systems he sells - and he sells a lot.

Ted

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ALWAYS say the year-model. Crossover 0n 03-06 only, and MUST GO. Hot and Heavy is a bad thing, esp when it robs power.

I cannot recommend catless on a sidepipe car. Ratty-stinky-backfirey. But you might like it?
CORSA is spendy by a few hundred over Borla, but probably worth it....

JonB

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
JonB/Everyone: 96 GTS with a Corsa catback... Worth it to drop the CATs?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As Jon said it depends on what you want. Louder and stinky OK? Rear 02 simms OK?

IF you car is supercharged then there will be a much larger advantage removing the cats. Stock engine? - not much advantage over the Hi-flow Cats that Jon sells. Stock Cats MUST GO!

Ted

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kennyb65,

On my 02' BAD BOYZZ GTS I ran catless with O2 simms. Ran cool and did not smell up the cockpit at all. However the guy behind me might have smelled just a little bit more 91 octane. Other buddies in our crew preffered to run cats for the obvious reason such as the engine controller being able to process accurate info & quiets down our Viper's an octave.

Let us know which way you decided to run. Good Luck!:usa:

PS - Oh yeah, Corsa & Borla booth top notch. The Corsa obviouly killed your drone issues for sure. I ran a Magnaflow & it was a drone monster on my GTS but not so bad on the RT/10.

Ciao,
Toddy

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
JonB/Everyone: 96 GTS with a Corsa catback... Worth it to drop the CATs?

Stock Motor? "Worth It" is relative.......You could actually pick up 5HP but LOSE some torque if you go catless on a stock G2 motor..... And have Check-Lite issues; And you will be emitting 8.0L of stink every 2 RPM. So, 'probably not worth it'

HiFlow cats will stop the CELs, stop the stink, pass emissions tests, run waayyyyy cooler, and protect the torque.

JonB, a Proud Site Sponsor

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have to agree with Jon B on " El Stinko Rauncho," as the no cats may get you a tiny amount of power, but you won't pick up any chicks and you will smell like you poured gasoline on your pants during every fill-up.

We do a boatload of Corsas, helped them and Belanger get a proper hook-up, and we frankly prefer them quite a bit over the Borla --- just our humble opinions.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep
Woodhouse Motorsports