Couple new Mods, and Pic's

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted earlier the splitter I fabricated here at my shop, (for those that missed it here is another pic). These are the car "done" pictures.

I also fabricated my own Diffusers for the rear of the car. I enjoy fabrication and doing all my own work (and wrenching for friends on weekends) I also purchased a rear wing from PartsRack (Jon B) Awesome guy Thanks. (this was much simpler to purchase than to make myself)

Also I have a question, after these pictures...

Here are the pictures:
You must be registered for see images attach

Is this roof scoop too "rice" or have I gone too far already? The car will be seeing track time next season, so some of this is reasonable. The roof scoop is never going to be functional, but I think it is a neat look. Many peoples answer is going to be "It's your car do what makes you happy" but sometimes we can get carried away with mods and not know when to stop.

You must be registered for see images

bross

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the scoop if its molded in like treesnake did on his gen 2.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve...great fab work, although I can do without the wing!

I think the Viper has enough vents/holes/openings than to add another...focus on stuff that'll make it faster, like flat black stripes and black wheels! :D

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ITS YOUR CAR, you put on it what YOU like ;)

I wanted MY car to look like a Le mans race car, so got some stickers, small stick on roof scoop. The wing, side splitters, Rear diffuser and Harnesses were already on the car when I purchased it, My car had also been used at Button Willow on Viper Days, so it had a bit of 'Race History' ;) People over here love the car, and I get invited to all sorts of shows because of the looks of the car, it was even on display at this years AutoSport International motor show and technically its NOT a race car ;) No one there thought the car "Rice"

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks pretty well dialed in now, unless you plan to go all out Lemans look like Fatboy did .... I say no scoop. Also, I wouldn't want to always answer ... no it's not functional, just for looks. Wheels and maybe stripes, then put a fork in it, it's done :2tu:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve...great fab work, although I can do without the wing!

I think the Viper has enough vents/holes/openings than to add another...focus on stuff that'll make it faster

+1

Looks pretty well dialed in now, unless you plan to go all out Lemans look like Fatboy did .... I say no scoop.

+1

Also, I wouldn't want to always answer ... no it's not functional, just for looks.

+1 that would be embarrassing IMO

and ill add that the doublebubble roof line is a key part in the complete styling that make the GTS the pinnacle of automotive styling.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you sit on the wing? If you can't sit on it then remove it and put a functional wing on it or leave it off.
No to the scoop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32