Crack on my hood?

Jackson06SRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 06 coupe has a crack on the underside of the hood on the passenger side :( . I found it yesterday when I was cleaning. My question does the warranty cover this? I didn't hit anything and there is no damage on top or around it. I've had the car since it had 10miles on it and I don't think it was there when I bought it. Anybody else have this happened? oh and it is garage kept at all times when not driven.

Thanks,
Brian

You must be registered for see images

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is the crack at the portion of the hood closer to the windshield? I get worried when I close my hood. It is so long that I feel it could crack close to the windshield. You could see it flex so I try to close it slowly.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it turns out to be a paint fracture, you can have it sanded, primered and repainted. Hopefully that is all it is. BTW, thats a cool picture in your avatar. It looks like the kind that you would frame for the wall.

Reaction score
Is the rubber bumper adjusted too high on that side? This can happen if the bumper is used to adjust the hood fender gap to the extreme and bends up the corner.

OP
OP
J

Jackson06SRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
no I checked that its not close to the rubber bumper. I still haven't had the time to bring it to the dealer but probably on Monday I will.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looked at mined and no issues. I have had screws on the fenders back out and press against the hood. Never knew why. Just retorque them once in a while.

OP
OP
J

Jackson06SRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
took it to the dealer today and they took pictures to send to the Chrysler rep and said they would get back to me on Monday or Tuesday. They said it look like a crack to them

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4