Crash

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am glad your well and that you didn't have a passenger along for the ride.
The car can be replaced you can not.

An Angel was with you my friend.
best wishes
Jim

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Whew...glad you made it out of that one alright! Hope you're able to find another Viper very soon.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Markus, remember the most important thing here is that your ok. Thanks goodness for that! Sorry to hear about the accident, but you can always replace a car, more difficult to replace you. Count your blessings and drive that RT/10 safely!

Nasty 10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow that's pretty much what happened to me more than 4 months ago. Like you, I'm fine and no other cars were involved. Although my car wasn't a total. It did cost my insurance over 32k to fix :crazy:

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could see why the police thought you were a goner, it's damn good to see you alive! It's a shame to hear about wrecked snakes, but each time the driver isn't hurt it's a blessing because lots of us have or will be bitten one day.

That picture ruined my dinner, and I ate good too!

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Markus, god bless. Remember, one day at a time -- these are the good old days!

The Viper is already a low production car. Does anyone have a record (or a guess) of how many have been totaled?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you got out of it so well! A casual drive on an average day changes dramatically in a few seconds..

From time to time there's a post from someone about to buy a Viper debating whether to get an older one with forged pistons, but no ABS, or a creampuff with ABS...

It's probably impossible to go back and determine whether your car or any of the others mentioned in this thread that crashed in the wet could've been saved if the car would have had ABS, but just the same, I'd still choose an ABS car over a forged piston/non ABS car, and settle for less s/c HP and better braking.

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Important thing in this equation is that you walked away almost unhurt.
WOW!
When I saw that first picture before reading the text I thought a lot worse.Must have felt like a nightmare!

Rogi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Switzerland, Siebnen, close to the lake of Zurich
Hi Markus

I'm also very glad you didn't get hurt! Sure, very sorry about your viper. But, as already posted here, it's nothing compared to body injuries!
I actually was at the euro-vette meet in hockenheim. And I heard about your horror crash there.
On the way home it poored once like cracy and I got off the highway to wait for a couple of minutes. Because I experienced with my viper in the past also some disliked situations. Therefor I don't need some more of those.
I'ts a pitty our snakes have such a bad driving performance in very wet conditions.

Hope you will be able to get an other one!

Hi from Switzerland :2tu:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dreaded watching the photo download. So SO sorry to learn of your misfortune!

Simply put....that *****!

Will your insurance cover the cost of replacement over there?

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again for all your concerns! This helps a lot!

I do already have a "second" Viper, an RT/10. Not on the road yet. Technical examination things and some minor repairs due to damage during the transport from the US...

I have full insurance cover for the crashed GTS.

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Markus

I am terribly sorry about the accident. Thank god no one was seriously injured!!!!! Please take care and I will send you an email later. I can attest Markus' silver GTS was simply beautiful and will be difficult to replace but the most important thing is you walked away from all of this. :headbang:

GRocks10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperGTS,

You were indeed very lucky to have come out of that accident alive.. good thing there was no one in the passenger side. That would've been one very sad day because I'm positive the other person wouldn't be alive today. Good to know you're doing alright! :)

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Markus,
Good to hear you're ok.
As said before, the car can be replaced...
Regards,
Sean

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Markus - I'm glad you're okay - the car can be replaced. Be sure to explain to Lukas that **** happens on occation - would be tragic if such a budding car-lover grew up thinking that the snake tried to kill his dad.

Viperbass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to see such a horrible crash, but glad to hear you escaped with no serious injuries. Glad to hear you had full coverage too!

Hope you are able to replace the GTS soon!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you are OK!!

Losing control of your Viper is a sick feeling. I hydroplaned last week on a highway outside Chicago in the rain, but was more fortunate than you, in that my Silver GTS only had minor nicks.

Those pictures are REAL and we all feel your pain. Once again, thank God you walked away OK!

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all agree how lucky Markus has been stepping away unharmed. Still wanted to come back to the car.
Saw it 2 weeks ago at the Tyrol Austria meeting (Grossglockner drive). This car was as pristine as they come. Markus took really good care of it. I feel very sorry such a beautiful Viper is lost :(

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Markus, didn't know about your crash until today. I'm so glad you are alright! We really look forward to you coming to Detroit each January and touring CAAP with the IL VCA. Hope you come back in 2005! Painted lines and wet weather don't mix. I attended one of Woodhouse's Panoz driving schools at Road Atlanta a few years ago and one of the points they stressed in driving in the wet was to stay off the painted lines, especially when accelerating or braking. That point definitely stuck with me. Also attending that school was Switzerland's own Hans Weiss (written up in this months Viper Quarterly pg 50). God was definitely your co-pilot on July 9th. I think I'd take that day off each year to reflect and give thanks for still being with your family and friends. See you in Dallas.

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Tom! I am glad to meet with you and all the IL VCA guys in Dallas again!

I am an experienced moto bike driver and I know the dangers of the painted lines - however, last Friday ... :confused: --- July 9th is marked as my second birthday!

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neil - Thank you!

I recognize Hansruedi's red SRT/10 and Phillip's green RT/10...and the blue/white GTS of Thomas!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The feedback on this post is great. This is more evidence of the value (moral support, in this case) of the VCA community. As stated before, we are glad that you are ok.