Creampuff-No cam lope

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the overlap on the creampuff cam is different than the forged engines, as are the lifters, but I have heard a few creampuff cars that sounded much lopier(if thats a word) than my 01 GTS. Am I imagining things???

My car has factory exhaust manifolds, no cats, bellanger cat back. Its pretty loud, but absolutely NO lope. Idles like my LS430, well almost:)

martyb

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybee they had upgraded rollerrockers and/or headers.
also, the sound of Idle can change depending on what rpm it is set at.
(when i first start up my 97, the tone is more consistant because it runs at a slightly higher rpm untill she warms up, then rpm settles down and reveals the lumpyness.)

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Owned several 2001's.. They idle like Cadillacs once they get to operating temp... When cold started, they are slightly lumpy, for the first 30 minutes... If you have a 2001 with a Corsa and high flows, it will sound a but more lumpy.. but a stock 2001 is VERY quiet.

But nothing compared to the earlier ones.

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I have T&D's also!! The idle speed is right where it should be. I have a fidanza flywheel, which in theory should make it a little lopier because of the reduced mass in the flywheel. Its smooth as butter though.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should trade that puppy for a built Gen I. :rolaugh:

j/k sounds like a good excuse to put in a custom grind. :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte