Cruise to the Outer Banks on May 9'th

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On May 9'th, the Va/Md VCA is hosting a daytrip to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. This will be a scheduled one day event, however if you are wanting to make a weekend of it, contact me for hotel information.
Please let me know if you are interested, so I can get an idea of the number of cars.
Here are details:

VCA Va/Md Spring cruise to the Outer Banks of NC.

Image3.gif
Saturday, May 9th​
Cruise to Corolla and the Northern Outer Banks of NC​

With lunch at North Banks Restaurant and Raw Bar in Corolla
For more info and to​
RSVP, contact
Tom McCormick 757-639-4572 (cell),252-435-1681 (home)

[email protected] or dodgefever on the VCA forum

ITINERARY SUMMARY
FOR THOSE TRAVELING SOUTH
9:00:
Meet in the parking lot of Border Station, located at the state line of VA/NC HWY 168
OR​
FOR THOSE TRAVELING EAST​
10:15:
Meet the group at the Outer Banks Visitors Center, 5230 N Croatan Hwy,
Kitty hawk
11:30:
Arrive at Currituck Heritage park, Corolla NC
2:00: Lunch at North Banks Restaurant and Raw Bar
4:00: Leave for home
5:15: Rest stop, Hwy 158, Currituck location. No more group stops. Thanks for coming!
SEE FOLLOWING PAGE FOR DETAILED INFORMATION

ADDITIONAL OUTER BANKS CRUISE INFORMATION AND DETAILS

* Gas up at the Border Station meeting location. It’s Sunoco and they do have 93.
* The stop at the Outer Banks Visitors center will have restrooms and Outer banks maps and info
* At our main stop the Corolla heritage Park, you will have your choice of 6 attractions to see;
1) The Whalehead club is a 21,000 sq ft residence built in 1922. It is open for tours for a entry fee of $7.00. More info here; www. whaleheadclub.com
2) The Outer Banks Center for Wildlife Education. Free admission, Info here;
www.outerbanks.com/OuterBanksCenterForWildlifeEducation
3) The Currituck beach Lighthouse. Climb the Lighthouse! Be sure and take your camera, the view is incredible. There is a small entrance fee. Info here; www.currituckbeachlight.com
4) Corolla Light Town Center. Shopping, tourist gifts, etc. Info here; www.corollalighttowncenter.com
5) 1890’s Corolla Village walking tour. Pick up maps at local shops to tour the restored Corolla Village. Many homes and shops are open, some are not. Consult the map.
6) The Beach is only a few blocks from the parking lot. Enjoy!
Lunch atTimbuck II Shopping Center​
Lunch will be at North Banks Restaurant and raw bar. Link: www.northbanks.com located in the Timbuck II shopping Center in Corolla NC. The Shopping center has dozens of stores to shop at, plenty of parking, and there is a cool Go-kart track right by the restaurant! Bumper cars too! If you don’t care for Sea food, there are many other restaurant in the shopping plaza also. Don’t worry about “sticking with the group”, the point of this get together is for you to have fun!
Here are some shopping center links;
Timbuck II:
www.timbuckii.com
Available eateries: www.timbuckii.com/dining
Corolla raceway Go-Carts: www.timbuckii.com/recreation
PLEASE R.S.V.P. TOM MCCORMICK [email protected]

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, I envy you guys , as this is one of my favorite parts of the Country. Though I would likely want to jump on the Ferry, and take the Viper down to Ocracoke and relax for another day. That will definitely wake up the locals to see a bunch of Snakes slithering through the Dunes , so have fun, and think about a poor soul in Nebraska who will , unfortunately, just be traveling with you all in spirit.:2tu:

MattInNC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Put me down as a possible. I am in AZ on a deployment right now and I'm not 100% sure I'll be back in time...

OP
OP
D

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump this back up to keep active.....
This event is not meant as an alternative to Myrtle beach. This cruise is just a one day (or weekend) getaway to see the Northern Outer Banks. In the future, if the turnout justifies it, I will arrange more planned activities.
If you are interested in attending or want more info, let me know.

OP
OP
D

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Due to lack of interest in this event, I have cancelled the cruise planned for May 9'th. Thank you to those who did express an interest, and I'll let you know if I reschedule.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully we can generate more interest in the future, sounds like it could be a fun event!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude