Cudaman late results from SE zone dragraces

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10SE_halfs2a.jpg

There were no results ...but.... Bad luck( it would have been a fast run) ...after trailering car all the way there (from Fl. to Ga...625 miles).....I did my first burnout and ready to run Lee Saunders . Pull RPMs up to launch against Lee ....and away Lee went like a bat out of he1l and all I did was make a bunch of noise and went nowhere.

Lee Saunders was going to loan me a set of HD 1/2 shafts so I could finish drag racing (thankyou Lee) , but I damaged the yoke so badly it could not take any hard launches.

I am very thankfull to Larry Macedo(and Gary S and George Bryce for loaning tools)for stopping watching the drag races and loaning me stock 1/2 Shafts and installing them, so my ENTIRE weekend was not a bust! THANK YOU LARRY !!!!!

The Heavy Duty 1/2 shafts I broke were Unitrax...... and they are a first class professional company ....months after I bought them they are replacing them FREE !!! On top of that are shipping them BLUE label at N/C from California so I can run in Gainesville next Sat. Unitrax and Larry Macedo are the only way to go.....Unsurpassed customer service and quality !!!! THANKYOU ....
Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What RPM do you launch the car at? I have never seen that !! Maybe is was a factory issue.

4700-4800 RPM

Unitrax is standing behind their product 100%

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which version of Unitrax did you break? Titanium? I have the older steel HD Unitrax, they don't look like yours. At least you didn't damage your car. Good luck in Gainesville.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car moved a whole 2" at best, very disappointing to say the least. Anyway, Ward will be back in the saddle for Gainesville on Saturday and hopefully the weather will be cooperative and stay cool.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But I gotta say, that car is a NICE ride... it might have snapped a shaft then, but I guarantee you it will move.

And it sounds great too!

Although the car didn't get to drag race, it was pretty damn impressive in the autocross event... especially those launches. How the heck _do_ you get a viper to launch like that?

Good meeting you guys that weekend... and thanks for the "tip" on my trailer!

JD

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joesph it was good to meet you and congrats on your DLM screaming Viper. It is good to see that the DLM's back those impressive dyno numbers by putting it down in the Viper Community for the rest of your peers to see it. Enjoy your investment.

On I-75 to see Gators play Mississppi

S

SUN RA KAT

Ward -
I'm glad to hear your car is going to be OK. 4700 RPMs, huh? I launch at 1500 RPMs - you must have had your drag tires on.

It's great to be part of the Viper Nation where other Viper owners don't hesitate to help in a time of need.

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh...what was your 2" time?

3 mph @ .002 sec and end of race for me ..... I think I was beating Lee for that 2"....needed a photo to be for sure....

cudaman :usa:

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh...what was your 2" time?

3 mph @ .002 sec and end of race for me ..... I think I was beating Lee for that 2"....needed a photo to be for sure....
cudaman :usa:
LOL

You know your putting lot's of torque when you snap a half shaft like that :p About how many runs did you have on it? Could have maybe had a stress fracture that caused it to finally fail. A friend of mine is running beefed up GKN half shafts (which are the same company as Unitrax right?) on his modified 03' Cobra and he probably has about 60 launches on them with nothing going wrong.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4