Curbed Wheel, Options?

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, I took the ACR to a cruise-in and was parallel parked next to a curb on a street, and I misjudged my distance. Curbed the front passenger wheel, got some road rash and a little burr on the CF splitter. Not too worried about the CF at this point.

What are my wheel options? Obviously a new wheel is the most expensive option, which I wouldn't be opposed to and turn this one into a spare.

Other options, e.g. just repaint it with some black touch-up? Have it reconditioned somewhere? Others I'm overlooking?

Thanks for the assistance!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you search this site, there are a few threads where guys worked on their own wheels and made them look pretty darn good for cheap

actually they were not on a black wheel.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wheels America (google them)can re-do that thing in 24hrs and you'll never know it ever happened. Plus they are cheap.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a respected shop do a curb rash repair on my wheel. They repainted the whole wheel and screwed it up. I would be making sure that they only repaint the lip if I was getting one done, having had this experience.

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nothing worse than becoming overly anal and doing a perfect fix( buying a new wheel?)...only to have it happen again. Sometimes a cheap touch -up is ok. If you drive your car on the street ( or at all) things are gonna happen

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id trust this Kwicksilver Wheel Repair character.... :)

seriously, call chip, see what he can do for ya

OP
OP
S

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info guys!

Yes, it's a regularly driven car so I know stuff like this is going to happen. Cheap is good, especially when I know it'll probably happen again!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info guys!

Yes, it's a regularly driven car so I know stuff like this is going to happen. Cheap is good, especially when I know it'll probably happen again!

When 'Karl Black' crashed his ACR at 120mph into a flying wall of rock debris at Spring Mountain, the car looked like a 50-cal machine-gun target.

Several Black magic-markers later.........you can view its beauty on the POLE On versus next week! Spare ACR wheels are about the same price as 800 $harpies.

A must for every ACR: Broad Tip, Med Tip, Sharpie.

JonB~~~:<~