Custom water/ methenol tank pics

Bob D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean Roe thought I should post my tank and cover pics. I bought a plastic welder and fabricated the tank from 1/8" HDPE plastic sheet. I found out welding plastic is a lot harder and time consuming than metal, plus I killed a few more brain cells from the fumes. I cut the cap assembly off another tank with a hole saw and got the sight gage stuff from ACE hardware. I already had a low level sender from my old tank. The capacity is 3.25 gal. The cover is aluminum sheet with carpet from Auto Zone glued over. The carpet is actually a perfect match but for some reason it looks different in the photo. I know a lot of folks are getting water injection and this could be of interest.
1000100-0007_IMG-med.JPG
[/image]
1000100-0008_IMG-med.JPG
[/image]
1000100-0009_IMG-med.JPG
[/image]
1000100-0011_IMG-med.JPG
[/image] [image]http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/1000100-0012_IMG-med.JPG[/img}[/image]
1000100-0013_IMG-med.JPG
[/image]

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great! Nice job on it. Iv been interested in using one of those plastic welders. You say its pretty hard?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's nice, I had thought about doing the same thing after seeing Nadines tank. I still need to try plastic welding.....is it harder than tig welding aluminum ? With a tight fit and thin metal aluminum welding can go pretty quick but it may not react well with methanol.

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks great.
Is there any pressure requirements on the water methanol injection or is it gravity feed. If so what pressure do they operate at?

OP
OP
B

Bob D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony
I got the idea from Nadine. I couldn't compare plastic welding to TIG because I've never tried it, only MIG and stick. It's not that hard but takes longer. I bought the most basic welder out there, Mini-Weld 5500HT on ebay. I was thinking about stainless but I believe plastic is better for this purpose.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know on some plastics you have to be careful on. the **** is nasty stuff and can cause certain types of plastics to swell.

OP
OP
B

Bob D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure you use High Density Polyethylene and you won't have any problems. Also, it is a thermoplastic and can be easily heated and bent.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's excellent Bob! I just had the same discussion with Sean and he gave me a few sites to check out different sized and shaped containers.

As Dimitrios asked, if you ever come up with a version for an RT, I'd take one in a sec!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question for a friend of mine with a '97 blue/white stripes GTS:
Can this system be had with a Paxton supercharger and if so, is there any modification required to the existing Roe package or does it need to be modified?
Who can I tell my friend to contact in order to sort things out for his Vipers (he has the mentioned GTS as well as a red '03 SRT-10, both have Paxtons)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32