Custom Work in Chicago

Byte

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm new to Chicago, Viper Ownership, and the club. Been into cars all my life and just recently got bit by the Viper bug. My new to me Gen 3 needs a little custom work. Considering getting some paint work, powder coating the wheels, and installing new exhaust. Any recommendations on Chicago area custom exhaust or body shops? Really don't want to take my baby just anywhere. Thanks for any help!

You must be registered for see images attach

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm new to Chicago, Viper Ownership, and the club. Been into cars all my life and just recently got bit by the Viper bug. My new to me Gen 3 needs a little custom work. Considering getting some paint work, powder coating the wheels, and installing new exhaust. Any recommendations on Chicago area custom exhaust or body shops? Really don't want to take my baby just anywhere. Thanks for any help!

Welcome to Viper ownership. www.illinoisvipers.com/
Check out the Illinois Viper club website. All sponsors are listed and you can find one that fits what you need. My recommendation goes to Scott at 5D collision. They are a platinum sponsor and do great paint work and mechanical work. They have painted a whole car for me as we'll has some engine work. Located in Champaign.

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. No specific recommendations (outside of Nixon's) but post pictures when you have some more work done!

OP
OP
B

Byte

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the help!

I called Scott this morning. Seems like he knows his way around a Viper and had some great ideas on top of my own. Probably will go with him. Pictures to follow....

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott does great work.

Autowerks [Ron D] or 'zgarage' on this forum is also awesome at custom work. Located in Northbrook.

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All good input from some of the guys above. Autowerks is very capable, but doesn't do too many folks in our club. They do a lot of work on exotics and can do custom work that is really off the beaten trail and truly custom. They did my audio equipment and strobes - very good work.

As for Scott, he more than knows his way around Vipers, he is the go to guy for Viper paintwork. Many of the custom work and regular body work on our club member cars are done by him. Our club tends to latch on people and stick with them, Scott has done many vipers (including mine) - however he's in Urbana. But worth the haul.

For the exhaust modification, John Gastman at Roanoke motors (one of the biggest viper distributors) does bolt on modifications all the time. Again, a very high percentage of people use them for this - and he's near scott. They can even transport the car to scott if you wish, they know him well as he paints many of the dealer cars. john's number is 800-541-6858.

Whoever you call, let them know the club sent you their way. I sense once you meet them, you'll have a resource for life.

Take care

OP
OP
B

Byte

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional help. I'm going to send my car to John later this week and then make arrangements to ship it on to Scott.

OP
OP
B

Byte

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks again for all the help finding the right shops to bring my Viper to. Couldn't be happier with the results. Sounds and looks killer....

Last edited:

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great!!! I'm usually not a fan of the thinner stripes on the side but the car looks really good :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper