Cut 1/2 inch off of my front valance

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting my lower section of the front valance painted today to get rid of all the chips & scrapes. Yesterday I talked myself into cutting a 1/2 inch off the bottom of it to give it a little more clearance so it won't scrape as much. Measured it out carefully and cut it with a small cut off wheel. It came out good. Anybody try this before ?? All I ever hear about is people lowering their Vipers, I'd like to raise mine!

Bo

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot imagine cutting the valance.Car lowered eibach springs.Had more problems at stock height before learning to traverse slopes etc.Considering adding an even lower splitter to the valance. GTS BRuce

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took some clear door edge molding and slid if over the bottom edge of the fascia. Now all that rubs is the molding...and when they get ugly you just slide it off and put on a new one.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took some clear door edge molding and slid if over the bottom edge of the fascia. Now all that rubs is the molding...and when they get ugly you just slide it off and put on a new one.
Where did you pick up this molding from Matt?

Is this the same as the metal things they sell to protect the underside of the bumper or is this actually protecting a different part of the bumper?

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the molding that Roe Racing sells. It's been on for 2 years / 8,000 miles and still on there. It definitely does what it is designed to do.

MacManInfi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to lower my car, but the low front spoiler scrapes on everything now. I've though about dropping the car an inch, and then cutting an inch off the front to even things out... glad someone else did it first. :)

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agent...it's the stuff just about any auto parts store has. It looks like a clear "U" channel made of a softer plastic. The stuff I got has a caulk like stuff in the groove that helps it stay on. It comes it packs of two pieces..one for each door. I put the seam in the middle and worked my way out. It also comes in black, gold, silver...but the clear works best.

I know there are places that sell bumpers or guards for under the fascia...but in my eyes, they look worse than the damage. I am carefully with the car, but sometimes that part of the fascia that goes straight down scuffs...and this protects that.

If you can;t find it..my local shop always has it..I can send it to ya. Better yet..take a trip down my way and I'll show you on my car.

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How would high speed aerodynamics affected by this cutting. I'd imagine you'd create more front end lift. Hell, mine alredy lifts at 170ish on an Eibach lowered car. I can't imagine raising it.

OP
OP
B

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish I could take a picture & post for you guys but I'm computer challanged. My car will be at Tators BBQ Sunday in Saratoga if anyone can take a picture and post it I would be grateful! The car doesnt bottom out pulling out of my street anymore so that little bit taken off did make a difference. As far as getting loose at speeds over 170 MPH I don't thinlk I can help you on that on as I have never driven it over 155. Sorry.

Bo