Damn! JonB does it again!

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So my ol man is driving his SL55 AMG home from Phoenix and is about 200 miles from home when he blows a rear tire. To make a long story short, he gets a flat bed to haul him the rest of the way home.
Dad has been trying to source tires for over a day locally with no luck. Finally after ******** about a couple of our local tire dealers I asked dad if he would like for me to get ahold of some rubber for him. I know just the man! Frustrated, he says please.
So I call JonB up just before lunch today and what do ya know, the tires are being shipped and we'll have them tomorrow.
If that's not service I don't know what is. Not only was he the first one back with availability, but he is getting the special Pilots for the AMG and has them shipped already aaaaaaaand it's not even a Viper!
He did inform me that if it had been a Viper he would have been back to me sooner.
Thanks for making my day and the rest of my staffs day JonB. You guys have no idea how miserable my ol'man can get LOL

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
between jonb and tator, we got a damn good bunch of people to buy parts from.

jonb has ALWAYS come thru for me.

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well here's another twist to the whole situation.
It seems that my ol mans credit card company (Visa) decided to decline the transaction. They say that there was several previous transactions on the card that seemed suspicious, so they took it upon themselves to cancel all the transactions including the flatbed bill for his car home(what do they expect when you're stranded). Nice guys hun? Dad was pissed, but really concerned about his tires from JonB (I think he has a big date this weekend and wants to use his car). So dad brings it to my attention this morning and tells me to get ahold of Jon to let him know that he has had words with Visa and everything is now good to go.
Well we just called the tire company that JonB was instructed to send the tires to and guess what? They are already there.
JonB shipped the tires anyway even though the card didn't go through!! Dad spoke with Jon and Jon told him "I figured there must have been a technicality".
It doesn't get any better than that!
Dad is one happy customer and I gotta give give JonB credit for allowing me to pull this off for dad. You made me the ol mans hero for the day LOL

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How about this... I spoke with Jon yesterday afternoon and ordered new pilot sports. Today UPS shows up with the tires! THAT'S INCREDIBLE :2tu:

PS- I read these posts quite often and thought it was impossible......until it happened to me. :D

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know, I tried calling you also but your 800# doesn't work in Canada and it was the only number I could find on your website without extensive research.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered my Viper tires and tires for my dad's Corvette from Luke. I originally called Jon but he told me to just call Luke direct b/c after running my CC #, itd actually end up costing Jon money once Visa took their cut of the $ since his markup was so little. I was very happy with both Luke and Jon and thats where all my tires will be coming from for now on.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks all, esp Tracy, Andy, etc, etc, Luke too. I cannot describe how gratified I feel when you guys take your free time to post. THANK YOU !

We ALWAYS save you some $$$. Usually $40-$50 per set on Viper Street Tires.
We DO ship first, fast, & bill later,(for past customers!)The Big Guys Wont.
We DO work with several large distributors [ Luke-T.Rack is our biggest.]
When you buy here, Luke gets all our T.R. orders, so Luke and I BOTH win.
We buy direct when it makes CENTS...shipping from WA only works in the West.

THANKS AGAIN...

{but im still likely to be crabby ... on most mondays!}

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John and I have a very good working relationship and I know he goes out of his way to help ALL of his customers .... also, it is very gratifying to know that his efforts are appreciated by everybody .... and I for one am happy to be a small part of his network ...

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes JonB does go out of his was to help his customers and give them the best prices and some good advice comes out of some of those conversations also.

BTW the best way to deal with crabby mondays is to call on tuesday or wendsday

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960