Dangerous floor mats

SurfSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 4th of july I decided to take the Snake out for a spin, even though it was 102 degrees. The car was running perfect, after about an hour of driving I came to a stop sign, when I went to hit the brake the car reved up to 5500 rpm and could not stop easily so I ran through the stop sign about half way before coming to a complete stop, thank God nobody was coming. I hit the gas a few times the idle went back down to normal. I pulled over and opened the hood and checked the throttle bodies and throttle cable ,it was fine. I nursed the car home and opened the hood again same thing no problems, finally when I went to put the car back in the garage I noticed the drivers floor mat stuck under the pedals. I took the drivers floor mat out and drove the car FINE. I decided for now on to leave the floor mat out of the car MUCH SAFER WAY TO DRIVE!!

CHECK YOUR MATS GUYS!!

Snake

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SurfSnake:

We have ALL had some variation of this problem with some version of the Mopar mats.
pissed.gif
If you don't want to spend $, tie them to the seat rails or screw them into the floor pans. If you don't mind spending $ (some are as expensive as they are beautiful), several of our site's sponsors have excellent replacement mats that DO NOT fold/slide/bunch...i.e., create a hazard. You can also get a matching third mat for the boot area.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone afraid of a couple pieces of double back carpet tape??
I'm not; used it, and my mats stay in place. My problem was that they slid forward, and got under the pedal and prevented full throttle. The tape solved the problem.
Later,

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>The trick is to keep the mat from moving forward. Just get some plastic tie-straps from Home Depot and attach the back of the mat to the seat rails. That should keep it from moving forward and interfering with the pedals.<<<
yesnod.gif
yesnod.gif
yesnod.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte