Darn sooo close (video) 11.40 run gen 3

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a good day at the track yesterday. The temp was 55 deg. Made 4 passes 1st 11.71 2nd 11.60 3rd 11.40 and the 4th 11.45. The last two 60 ft times were 1.78. Now I just need to lose a few pounds to get those last couple of hundreths. lol:usa:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9qzBEp4DkE[/media]

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you give me hope Dragon Rider..

no cats/Titanium exhaust/KN filters/roller rockers/eibach lowering springs here as well..

SCT tune from viper specialty arrives in a few days

Pretty amazeing ET for just 480 rwhp..And consistant as well..

Seems that 123 mph trapps ever with the agressive 1.7 60 foot are your norm. What mph do you hit when you spin off the line a lil

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seem to trap around 119 to 122 last year with PS2 tires.

This was my best run of last year. Im going to use some Hoosier A6 this year, hopefully I can get the times you are getting. I always had traction problems. My best run of the year I spun off the line and some spin between gears. I dont think i ever got enough heat in the tires.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0NJcp6RNt4[/media]

OP
OP
D

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great run. Car sounds great too!
Thanks MuscleJunkie!

Great job. What rpm's are you shifting at?
Thanks Nixon. I would guess about 6k. I look for the shift light to come and then I shift when the car sounds and feels right. Launch at about 3800- 4k

you give me hope Dragon Rider..

no cats/Titanium exhaust/KN filters/roller rockers/eibach lowering springs here as well..

SCT tune from viper specialty arrives in a few days

Pretty amazeing ET for just 480 rwhp..And consistant as well..

Seems that 123 mph trapps ever with the agressive 1.7 60 foot are your norm. What mph do you hit when you spin off the line a lil

You can probably go faster than me with your mods. No cats and roller rockers will put you very close to 500rwhp. My tune gained me almost 2mph and almost .2 seconds.

I seem to trap around 119 to 122 last year with PS2 tires.

This was my best run of last year. Im going to use some Hoosier A6 this year, hopefully I can get the times you are getting. I always had traction problems. My best run of the year I spun off the line and some spin between gears. I dont think i ever got enough heat in the tires.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0NJcp6RNt4[/media]
For me heating the tire is the key. There was a C6 Z06 that couldn't break 13 seconds. He almost put it into the wall on one of his runs. We talked after his last run and he couldn't believe I was able to hook up. He thought that heating up ps2's was a no no.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rider you know i have done a fair amount of Viper testing at the track. I think IF we had you at a very fast track (ENGLISHTOWN )during a private test session (ICE THE CAR DOWN and LET THEM THROW OUT A LITTLE MORE VHT )YOU WOULD HIT 11.2S .

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dragon Rider.Who did you get your scr from and is it a pre programmed tune or did you buy the version that you can tune your self and had tun ed on a dyno???

By the way I did remember your car trapping 121 mph...SCT was that good hugh..NICE..

Mine should be in today!!!!! Im gonna do 5 passes with the stock tune and 5 passes after loading the sct to see how it goes

OP
OP
D

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rider you know i have done a fair amount of Viper testing at the track. I think IF we had you at a very fast track (ENGLISHTOWN )during a private test session (ICE THE CAR DOWN and LET THEM THROW OUT A LITTLE MORE VHT )YOU WOULD HIT 11.2S .

Thanks for the vote of confidence 1Bad. These cars have a lot of potential. Mine just broke the 25k mile mark and is running strong. Driving to English town would be a blast. I wish I had a trailer. My luck I would go up there and break something. Lol

Dragon Rider.Who did you get your scr from and is it a pre programmed tune or did you buy the version that you can tune your self and had tun ed on a dyno???

By the way I did remember your car trapping 121 mph...SCT was that good hugh..NICE..

Mine should be in today!!!!! Im gonna do 5 passes with the stock tune and 5 passes after loading the sct to see how it goes

Hey Twister, I got the programmer from Viper Specialty with the pro racing package. Tuned by a local tuner in Atlanta. Gains were similar to the Roe or DC tunes that are mailed to people. As everyone says, the big gains come in the midrange. 35-40 hp gains over stock. About 26 hp gained in max hp. The dyno graph is also much smother. Throttle response is also greatly improved.

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible to tweak the tune in the Mopar ECU. I remember from the Chrysler 300SRT with the diablo i picked up .4 tenths from a tune

OP
OP
D

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible to tweak the tune in the Mopar ECU. I remember from the Chrysler 300SRT with the diablo i picked up .4 tenths from a tune

Yes you can tune the car with either and SCT programmer or a VEC 3. Other member are way more knowlegable on this subject than I. There may be other alternatives.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dragon rider....So are you went from 455 rwhp to 479 rwhp after the sct tune????

WOW..

Mine is from viper specialty but I just got the mail order tune..No one I trust here in Hawaii to tune the car...

I just got it in the mail 10 minutes ago..Ill do the testing tonight..5 stock tune and then 5 sct tune..Should be interesting...

OP
OP
D

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck Twister. I hope you pick up some ponies. Keep me posted.

Nixon Im not sure about the mopar ecu. I misunderstood the question. Sorry

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang