DEAD HULL

drdaveSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At 4500 miles, after fan and flash recall @ 2k, something let "loose". My Tech, Tom B. at Finish Line Dodge in Glenview,IL, is pulling the motor for rebuild at Arrow. Never heard of "dead hull" before. My 99 RT motor needed a rebuild b/c of poorly factory torqued bolts @ 600 miles, during BREAK IN!!

I really love the viper, though. Everyday I drove past the new chevy dealer in Northbrook(yes, the hazers) starting from the light I purposely catch when a pole position is available. WOT echoing of their glass facade is the greatest blowing by vette tire kickers.

The`ONLY good thing is that I can do a header/exhaust pkg with reduced labor cost. Arrow will only rebuild to stock specs.

Sooo, since my only viper entertainment until New Years (hopefully Thanksgiving) is choosing the system, let's make this the official hdr/exhst pkg forum. The Borla pkg was rec by Tom, but please chime in with all opinions.

If anyone is in the area, would you be willing to show off your system to me?
I want to get it right the first time, b/c there's no second chance. thanks

OP
OP
D

drdaveSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
eventhough not in direct response to my first ever post, I appreciate all the hdr/exhst posts. Sound like the BB/CCcorsa set up gives great WOT and everyday tolerance. Really need to decide soon b/c ironically Nov 2 may be the last day to elect the pkg. Keep the debate going. thanks in advance.

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,

I have the Belanger header/high flow cat/and exhaust (mit crossover). I am really happy with the sound, heat reduction, and perceived power increase. I would recommend this system. The tech who installed it said that it was the easiest system that he had ever put in. The belanger team really put a lot of engineering into this system and it isn't just a bunch of pipe welded together. Give them a call and talk to one of their techs. I guarantee you'll be impressed.

You might also want to PM Oomph. He recently had the same system, but with side exit, put into his SRT. And it sounded like he was very pleased.

OP
OP
D

drdaveSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. My tech also said the Belanger complete system was the way to go for all the same reasons, minus crossover to prevent boiling diff fluid. some people buy stuff sight unseen, Not rumble unheard. Expected HP? @40?

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,
Maybe the 150 mph passes on Hwy294 are the cause of your engine problems. If you are jonesing for a viper ride, give me or Jay a call. B&B headers are being installed today and the car should be back on the road tomorrow. Since that space is empty in your garage, maybe it is time to put down some real tile, www.zengarageinc.com
Ron
Have you driven a Viper lately?

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey Zen,

who did your install...
I have a few mods that in mind, however, am hesitant... need quality tech.
thanx