DEAD ON THE GRID!!!

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was parked on the grid in the #2 slot when the one minute whistle went...I turned the key and NOTHING!!!...the car would not even turn over...we tried push starting...nothing..we eventually jump started it and off I went...

As I was driving the car showed battery warning, check engine warning and the speedo was going from 90 to 40 and up and down rapidly. After my glorious 15th place finish of 17 cars (having lost 9 laps) the car again would not start..this time for good...no jumps would revive it and we had to winch it back in to the trailer.

I havn't gotten it to a DRB yet...any thoughts???

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good idea, Doug...

Morgan,
I'll bet that you may have sloshed enough electolyte out of the stock battery that you have caused a premature failure. The stock battery just ***** for any type of racing that has curves in it
smile.gif
- we have seen 2 cars now with battery trays covered with white corrosion due to "sloshage" - switch to an Optima now and avoid the spillage effect later. Since we swithced we have had no issues with the battery.

Good luck and let us know how all these issues turn out, OK?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I suspect either the battery or a motor grounding strap.

Battery Hint: EXIDE (Bob Lutz's gig) now has a gel battery, lots of amps, Viper fittment with CENTER POSTS instead of Optima-clearance problem posts

SamC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you referring to the Exide orbital battery? Has anybody used this battery? I am going to change my battery from the OEM to avoid spillage and am not looking forward to Optima fit problems.