Dealer just confirmed 20k markup

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not ship. I am local in Houston. Just drove the Vette up there, Bernie inspected it and we shook hands. Bernie is awesome to deal with!

Last edited:

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got really good $ on my Z06 trade-in, and a good price on the new 2010 ACR I bought. Z06 values are holding very well. You'll always be able to find a dealer who will treat you fairly on trade-ins and new car purchases.

Unfortunately, neither of my preferred local Dodge dealers (Max Motors, and Olathe Dodge) will be selling the Gen V.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the point here is that there is no need to argue. We have a stand up dealer here who is willing to sell for MSRP. The guys out to screw you are the same ones who will screw you during service. Support those who are willing to support you, that's good business. It's a win, win situation here.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Here in Ontario Canada our go-to dealer for SRT VIPER purchases is Wellington Motors (Guelph)!
They themselves are HUGE VIPER enthusiasts and always treats us buyers with respect and gives us every advantage possible (within the policies of Chrysler Canada)!

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, and you'll get waaaaaaaayyy more for the Z06 by selling it yourself. Sell the Z first and then order your dream car. How much are you looking to get for it? Year and miles?

Sell first and buy later. That's my plan and the first part is done. :2tu:

redrichard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two years out with teething problems over we will have a vert. and a flipper trans., the six speeds will all be discounted.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buyer: "Give me your best price?"

Sales Guy: $20,000 over sticker.

Buyer: What!? Why? How is that your best price?

Sales Guy: Because I get a big fat comission!

I see no problem with dealers wanting to sell over sticker..... I'm a sales guy ;)

Just make sure you do the math. You could have walked with beauty at $19,000 over sticker LOL

AND it should be alot more then $20,000. That was so 2008!

053008_08091.jpg

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT is doomed to stay in the low level sports car market if it continues the stupidity of previous sales strategy.
I seriously doubt Ralph wishes this mindset with his new preferred dealers...

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A year or two from now it will be fun to look back at threads like this, worried about paying over MSRP for a Viper.
They will be on dealer lots, discounted like every other generation has been.
Finally, someone with a perfect answer....

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
most of cars will face this scenario and propably gen V won't be less than MSRP.

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed and I do hope as well that Gen Vs keep selling at close to MSRP. The discounts when the buzz fades away is partly responsible for the drop in value of the car.

most of cars will face this scenario and propably gen V won't be less than MSRP.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed and I do hope as well that Gen Vs keep selling at close to MSRP. The discounts when the buzz fades away is partly responsible for the drop in value of the car.

For all cars, especially new models :)

VIPER PIT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am just going to wait and see what happens with time. I still have a problem with it not having a dodge name. Do you see Ferrari changing their badging and name plate all the time. It started with PVO bla bla - now only SRT! Do you see Ferrari dropping "Ferrari" and calling a Modena a XYZ!

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just going to wait and see what happens with time. I still have a problem with it not having a dodge name. Do you see Ferrari changing their badging and name plate all the time. It started with PVO bla bla - now only SRT! Do you see Ferrari dropping "Ferrari" and calling a Modena a XYZ!

Ferrari only builds high-end sports cars. If they built economy cars, family sedans (the FF doesn't count), trucks, and minivans they might have a separate badging and/or brand for their sports cars. Now that the Viper is under the SRT brand, it's only directly associated with Chrysler's high-end vehicles.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well Tattooed you have the Dealer who has supported the KC VCA right from the beginning right up the highway, and we are not charging over MSRP. We will continue to take trades in like we always have.

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in Ontario Canada our go-to dealer for SRT VIPER purchases is Wellington Motors (Guelph)!
They themselves are HUGE VIPER enthusiasts and always treats us buyers with respect and gives us every advantage possible (within the policies of Chrysler Canada)!

Let's not count Ontario as a whole.;......Raceway Chrysler in Rexdale has A! customer service and I believe will be selling Gen V's as well ...Garrett the Viper tech there knows his way around a Viper hands down.

Look ladies,

As far as this new car goes....too many therads and too much hoopla has been spread about its credibility ie: performance,looks, branding etc....thus it has made deciders into skepticals. I for one would not order a car of this caliber...especialy a new designed one with no hard facts about its function of the said (performance etc). No test runs , no answers to any of its heresay that SRT has forcome in the last few months.
Take the car out to the tracks and get it tested an show me the numbers and ill show you the money.
To add...
Although there will be many cars available to order ( IMO), and , although they may end up on lots a few years from now at discounted prices (MSRP arguments), you have to remember, there will be a new car out at that time as well, faster,better comforts,more refined, ACR version etc...thus,,,ofcourse these ones will be discounted , thus, ofcourse no ones going to care if they bought over MSRP in 2013. This is the new car !! you have to pay to play ! In 3 years it wont be the NEW car, its going to be an" Old car"if I may put it that way. Every year a new car comes out and every time it does, we bang our heads for losing the money we did when we bought it. Its elementary my dear watson.
That is why I..and I repeat...I....for one always buy slightly used. I don't care about having the newest and badest at the costs that are incured ( MSRP+ and 20% losses as soon as you leave the lot). Not my cup of tea. I respect my money enough to wait. If you have that much money that you dont know what to do with it?,then,all the power to you to waist your money on fame and glory. I will continue to watch:eater: and wait until its my turn. My turn to ask for a discount from you when you decide to sell your "slightly used" Viper at thousands "BELOW" MSRP !:D

I for one and waiting for the ACR version...not just this body style with a front splitter and wing, but, a newly redesigned version that will be distinct from this model.....Im waiting for the WOW factor that revious Vipers brought forth ( 1992,1996,2008 ACR) Sorry Gen 3 guys,that car was not my cup of tea,convertible and vette like style never did it for me. Im not a vert guy anyway. I feel these cars were made for brute power and performance, not luxury and ammentities like Convertibles. Convertibles are for the person who wants to show and not realy the go. Have not seen a convertible race car yet...not counting open pit racers like formula 1 and the like. thats not talking apples to apples. you know what I mean.

Last edited:

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Of course Wellington Motors isn't the only great dealer in Ontario....I couldn't possibly know that (I apologize for that)... All I know is I've purchased 2 vipers from them in the past and I've had them service my vipers (back in 1999 they saved me tens of thousands of dollars when I was told I needed a new engine (just off warranty) and Wellington Motors just fixed the old one).... and also when I contacted a few other dealers about the 2013 SRT viper Wellington Motors was the only one who called back.
I also know people from all over Ontario go there for the same reason I do...trust.
I never meant to say that they were the only great dealers.....I still go to Unique in Burlington...and I bought my original cars from West End in Toronto...both excellent experiences!..but my most recent experience continues to be with Wellington.
I have been very lucky with my dealings with Chrysler/Dodge dealers!!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The original Vipers got marked up as much as $175,000 and a few poeple paid that much. But SHOP and you will find someone who will be fair to you.There are plenty of GOOD dealers that give you a fair price.