Dealer wont accept my warrenty from USA!!! what do I do ?

OP
OP
M

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey M, Are there alot of Vipers in Dubai?

ya there are a few vipers in Dubai, before I went Viper shopping I saw a few for sale but the price was to much compared to USA

heres a few..

You must be registered for see images

and lets not forget the UG 2006 TWIN TURBO....:D its also up for sale..

and theres an 06 bumble bee Hennessey also for sale..

if you want pics of that too I can get..

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Having lived abroad for many years - owning U.S made cars therein, I can tell you that the Car companies who manufacture high performance cars have to be very careful...in some Countries the highest octane is equivalent to our 87 (not EMEA).....gasoline also can be contaminated at times. In some countries which have fuel shortages gasoline is often diluted with kerosene...Cats go quickly in these situations....in one Country I lived the only other option was to burn 100 octane aircraft fuel....

Refusing to pay for rebuilding an engine that was abused (driven with constant 'pinging) until failure because of bad fuel etc. isn't covered by warranty anywhere. My speedo odo and trip odo being in 10% disagreement would have been covered by warranty. My broken door speaker wire would have been covered by warranty as well.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much of a price difference between US?

As for warranty, mine was also pulled on importation from the US. Took about 4 weeks for it to be registered in Chrysler's system as cancelled. :(

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
price difference depends on car. viper in canada is often cheaper than US while Challenger SRT8 and Jeep SRT8 is extremely expensive (as much as +70%)in Canada.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reason for this being that a $42,000 SRT8 (us) costs at least $70,000Cdn - and that's why I didn't buy one.

And that's why they don't show you any love at Dodge corporate.

If you ran a business, and sold the same product for more than someone across the street did, wouldn't you be peeved if a customer brought one of the other guys products to you for service?

And if the "across the street" were another country wouldn't you expect your government to support you, with tarriff's or whatever, if your product was an expensive and lucrative one the local economy could benefit from?

Dodge Canada and Dodge USA are different corporate entities. But they have a vested interest in helping each other out. If the only control they might have over this is the warranty, then I expect they would leverage that. So much that they would withhold your prepaid warranty money perhaps. I'm not saying it's right or what I would do, but I see where they are coming from. As in: buyers from Canada, Dubai, Qatar, or wherever saved big money at someone's expense. So? Let them pay in other ways.

It kills me that people complain about trade going to China or Mexico, and want protection from cheaper products overseas. Yet here is a prime example of that in action, maybe the other way but still an example: the Canadians have a deal with Dodge corporate to protect their economy, and the US does the same thing with cars bought in Canada. When the dealer network, Dodge corporate, or the government acts to do the same thing that everyone complains about here, there's an uproar.

The fact that Canadians speak the same language and share a common border does not mean it is not another country. Canada's a country with socialized medicine and all kinds of BS. So, yeah, the car would be more expensive there. You are paying for a lot of crap built into the cost of ALL products, and paying tons of taxes. A lesson for those morons here who support O.

And if Americans would be upset that jobs would go to Mexico for cheaper than the US, they should understand that Canada does not like people going to America to buy cars for less. And for those of you who understand why the warranty would be void in the Middle East, you should have no problem with it being void in Canada.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm 'peeved' that the Gov. who decided to institute controls and regulations to control the economy has destroyed it and although taxing everything Canadian to death, has totally screwed the economy.

I notice that you didn't say anything about land of the free or democracy?

Ted

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much of a price difference between US?

As for warranty, mine was also pulled on importation from the US. Took about 4 weeks for it to be registered in Chrysler's system as cancelled. :(

Im only going to tell you the 2008 Viper not the ACR price is about 105000$ plus minus :)

edit- the price Im talking about is in the gulf..

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A few Vipers in Dubai. Interesting, never would have thought it. I imagine the prices are high.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact that Canadians speak the same language and share a common border does not mean it is not another country. Canada's a country with socialized medicine and all kinds of BS. So, yeah, the car would be more expensive there. You are paying for a lot of crap built into the cost of ALL products, and paying tons of taxes. A lesson for those morons here who support O.

We have a serious problem with losing doctors and nurses making a run for the border to the US so they can make more money, that's the root of having to wait for medical care in Canada compared to the US.. not enough doctors want to stick around having a capped salary when they can easily go to the US and make more money.

OP
OP
M

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes its an 08 and you have PM...now you really know what happened to it who really owns it..LOL

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my 1994 RT/10 in 1998 from Canada - the seller arranged it with a Dodge dealer so that he got credit for a trade-in (my money), he bought a new car from the dealer, I bought the Viper from the dealer. It had a warranty purchased in Canada.

The following year (after learning more about the car) I had the side sills replaced at one Dodge dealer essentially without any hassle at all. I had the radiator/fan shroud replaced at another Dodge dealer which went much slower because they said the Canadian warranty system wasn't on a compatible computer network as the US system and all the paperwork had to be done manually and by phone. Eventually it worked out.

Looks like the export warranty issue is different than an import? That year car was different between Canada and US (seatbelt mounting, DRL, dash gauges).

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Traditionally we have gotten generous warranties inthe US due to competition. I have 2 new Caddies with 100,000 mile warranties. (not to mention 60 day buy back)

In Europe it used to be warranties were quite short.(don't know if still true) I can remember my German clients complaining that they lived 5 miles from the Mercedes plant and had numerous dealers around but, did not get near the length of warranty I could get in the states.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
at the time it was a 3 year warranty on a new euro Viper brought in the UK from a dealership
but we havent been able to buy a new viper since 2004.. Chrysler/Dodge havent sold SRT's since then :dunno:

on my euro GTS i had a few expensive parts replaced under warranty, a new set of wheels, gas cap and hood springs

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
at the time it was a 3 year warranty on a new euro Viper brought in the UK from a dealership
but we havent been able to buy a new viper since 2004.. Chrysler/Dodge havent sold SRT's since then :dunno:

on my euro GTS i had a few expensive parts replaced under warranty, a new set of wheels, gas cap and hood springs

Not at all the same. You bought a car imported by Dodge UK and Euro spec'd. Try importing your own SRT and claiming under Dodge UK warranty. Won't work.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not at all the same. You bought a car imported by Dodge UK and Euro spec'd. Try importing your own SRT and claiming under Dodge UK warranty. Won't work.

yea im aware of that, my SRT was imported from new via Tators Dodge :drive:
and know id of been up the creek if anything major went wrong.
I was just answering 'viperdrummer' 3 years on euro new cars
I also had a newish gen1 imported from CA, many moons ago luckily nothing went wrong with that viper either :) even back then there was no warranty

(there was no Dodge UK until 2007, everything previously came under the Chrysler UK name)

Last edited:

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOOHOO! Good news!

Pretty clear instructions at the beginning of the warranty booklet for vehicles made to US specifications for sale in the US. Note specific exclusion for government employees and military outside of US.
You must be registered for see images attach

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the export warranty issue is different than an import? That year car was different between Canada and US (seatbelt mounting, DRL, dash gauges).

No. This all no warranty thing pnly went down a few years ago after the exchange rate got so good. If you were to try that now your warranty even going southbound would be pulled.

If my memory serves, GM was the last one to offer warranty on imported or exported vehicles and even they pulled that guess it was a year and a bit ago.

M_Viper - Congrats on the 1 of 1! :)

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We outsiders take a lot of **** to have and to drive the Dodge Viper.
NO warranty. :crazy2:
VERY HIGH price for the cars here.:crazy2:
Most expensive parts. :crazy2:
FUEL PRICES - HA! :crazy2:

Most people in the US would NEVER have the car IF you would face with what we have to deal!

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best bet for warranty resolve is to wait for a back-haul offer from Woodhouse. :) :) :)

Seriously, if anyone saves $25K in buying it out of country, $25K to put you back into the same position as buying it in country, is a lot of warranty work you can pay out of pocket for. It is a crap shoot as all warranties are.

Being a dual US/Canadian citizen, I can understand why people get upset at the warranty situation in principle, but if you buy your Viper in Canada at $130K CDN or here in the US for $90K usd, with only a 6% difference on exchange rate, you are still miles ahead with buying in the US wiht no warranty. Got to look at the big picture.

Now the laws of CANADA dictate that you can not buy a brand new vehicle in the US and bring it to Canada without paying heavy tarrifs, Export Taxes, GST/PST to protect the Canadian dealer market. The problem is that the Canadian auto dealers and market is as corrupt as can be and basically crooks on how much they jack the prices up in Canada because they are in cohouts across the country. It has nothing to do with solalistic medicine, etc, so unappreciated low blow Magnet (niether country is perfect by any stretch as things are pretty screwed up here in the US as well). It is the Canadian CAW and the Canadian dealer networks, and the Canadian government all on the take.

I lived there for over 22 years and it is crazy, the costs are out of whack and why the Canadian people don't revolt on this is something I don't understand. However, the Harley Davidson dealerships and costs are even more out of line.

It is big government politics and legalized theft on BOTH sides of the border. For the amount of sales the cars make in the USA, the taxes and tarrifs are bad too, but lost in the massive mount of sales per year.

Buy a 3rd party in country warranty if you feel you need something, but honestly I would smile and just drive and fix it as required. You are saving a lot of money by buying out of country in both those situations.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but if you buy your Viper in Canada at $130K CDN or here in the US for $90K usd, with only a 6% difference on exchange rate, you are still miles ahead with buying in the US wiht no warranty. Got to look at the big picture

Not lately though.. we can buy a Viper in Canada for less than what you pay for one in the US when you consider the current exchange rate, here's an example..

If you price a Viper SRT10 convertible with similar options such as stripes and 2 tone interior:

Canada Dodge site price of $96,395 CAD which converts to $89,470.02 USD at current exchange rate compared to US Dodge site price of $94,880 USD

Exchange rate website -10-year currency converter- Exchange rates- Rates and Statistics- Bank of Canada

[URL="http://www.dodge.ca"]www.dodge.ca - Canada[/URL]

www.dodge.com - USA

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
6 (?) months ago I posted a thread for a couple new Vipers in Nroth Vancouver for $83,000 Cdn. I had a PM asking for a phone number and that person may have bought one.

As I said, my warranty issues were Speedp odometer and trip odometer read differently and the driver's door speaker wire broke. What is 7/70 warrany cost ... $4,000+? I buy dodges because they are so superior that the warranty is seldom used. The transmissions are so good that Ford and vettes have copies of the "designed for Viper" transmissions.

Living 200 miles from the nearest town means a $1500 tow to town. Dodge does pay for it if it is a warratny issue, but last problem that I heard of was the 04 Cummins fuel pumps and all the 04 Diesles out here have Dealer supplied (warratny) fuel pumps in the glove box. Dodge pays the local tow and the Tow company installs the pump for Dodge. 15,000miles on the wife's 08 Ram and no issues. I did call the dealer and ask how to turn of the "change oil" light on dash. Pretty simple to fix with key.

Dodge should honor the warranty. I did speak with VCA and a Chrysler officer ot two at VOI X and was told (as per above) that the 'no warranty' was a Cdn Dealer issue, so I guess I have to confirm the guy that said that.

Ted

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is cheaper in Canada as opposed to the US, than why buy in the US? I just remember being ***** on vehicles in Canada but that was 15 years ago.

I would imagine that we are talking about used vehicles as the only real issue here. Still a Canadian dealer, CAW, Canadian Governement issue at heart not Chrysler. Chrysler is even owed by the Canadian governement now so that shows you how corrupt it really is.

Still if you save serious money buying it out of country, just plan on buying a 3rd party in country warranty and dial it into the costs upfront. You are still way ahead, but that is just IMHO.