Decision made!!

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just started the purchase of my first Viper! Tough decision, but I went with the GTS based on that classic style. Found a lot to like about the new models, but just fell in love with that Gen II! Should fly out to pick it up in a couple of weeks. Pics to follow! It's a yellow 2001 GTS/ACR with 9500 miles, a few mild mods to include a roll bar and track transponder, Stop Tech Big Brake kit, Ron Davis radiator, Corsa's and high flow Random cats. To say I'm excited about the drive from California to Arizona is an understatement! :drive:

Sorry, not enough posts to put the URL from Ebay on here.

Thanks for the help,
Pete

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh God here we go, another Yellow Viper owner :D

Just Kidding :rolaugh:

We want pics :2tu:

You will get used to the Slow Yellow / FAST RED Banter :D
Congrats on your new Toy, Have to say I love the GTS :2tu:
Mark
:uk:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Great choice !!!

Please excuse me if this was previously addressed...but it might be worth checking on the OEM water pump's status. If not already swapped out, you may want to consider same...or at least watch temps closely on your drive home.

With the striking appearance of a yellow GTS (let alone the ACR factor) you'll need to allot more time at your fuel stops as you WILL generate quite a comotion. Stay focused on your mission...tell all of the young ladies that you'll have to take a rain-check on giving them a ride!!! :)

CONGRATS!!!!!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What made you choose the V8 model (yellow) over your typical Viper V10 (any color but yellow)? j/k! :D

Congrats on the purchase! Have a safe trip there and back! And watch out for Red Vipers, if you see one, just move one lane to your right and let them pass, they don't like to be slowed down :D

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on picking a great vehicle in a great color!

Post pictures soon :)

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What made you choose the V8 model (yellow) over your typical Viper V10 (any color but yellow)? j/k! :D

Congrats on the purchase! Have a safe trip there and back! And watch out for Red Vipers, if you see one, just move one lane to your right and let them pass, they don't like to be slowed down :D
Congrats on your purchase olderdude. Drive safe and enjoy it!! Don't worry about the red guys, there always chasing the blue guys! "Blue by you"!! :D We don't wait for you to change lanes! Just a plug for the blue guys!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! You'll have lots of fun stomping those Yellow-With-Envy Red Viper owners. :2tu:

OP
OP
O

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Yellow was actually the wife's idea, but after seeing a few in person, I was sold :smirk:. Personally, I think black stripes would round it out perfectly, but we'll see about that later. Thanks for the advise on the water pump, as I remember reading that earlier in my "lurking". The previous owner tracked it @ six or seven times, at around 200 miles a session (according to him), and it appears he didn't spare much expense in keeping it up. I'm sure the ride home will give the wife and I (girls at gas pumps are gonna be a no-no..) a good chance to evaluate the suspension on the ACR. Coming from a Cobra with heavy coilovers, I think I'll find it liveable.

Later,
Pete

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your choice of Gen's. you do have good taste but lacking in the color choice ;) but if you want to raise the approval rating of your car put some Black stripes on it and even i will give you a :2tu: on decision. On what was said in earlier post...It true! move out of a RED vipers way so we dont put those black stripes atop of your car for you. yellow V-8s you know ;) :rolaugh:
enjoy the looks, stares, :headbang: and :2tu: from folks on the road.

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase! Yellow ones look great. Oh, and don't pay any attention to what the guys with red and blue ones say. They are all nice. Just be aware that you won't even see the BLACK ones go by you so enjoy the ride.

Ron

Reaction score
I was kind of shocked you went with the yellow, as its so much more expensive and valuable that the red ones. You obviously have great taste and a big bank roll as you could have bought the reds for a lot less.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS Olddudesrule!!!!:2tu::2tu:

Best year and colour!!!:D

Definitely no stripes!!!!! Check out my albums and you will see why. Stripes belong on the Bumblebee edition.

I envy you being able to drive it home this time of year.:( The roads up here still have too much salt and gravel on them for us to have a nice cruise. Have you driven a Viper before? Your name indicates you are close to my age. I had a short drive in the wife's Viper(a matching 2001 Yellow GTS) when we picked it up in Calgary after getting it dyno tuned and I still vibrate with excitement after not having driven a Viper for awhile.

I see you are a member already. I hope you will make it to VOI 11 this fall. We want a photo of at least 50 Yellow Vipers.:headbang:

Post those pics!!!:eater::eater::eater:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! Congratulations on your purchase, I'm sure you're very excited. And, don't mind all the yellow/red comments, those of us who bought red Vipers had no idea they were faster than the yellow ones. We felt really sad about it and some of us (Chad) even showed sympathy by putting little bits of yellow on their red Vipers.

Though the cost is high and its very time consuming you may, down the road, decide it is better to have it re-painted red!

Again, congrats and look forward to seeing some pics!:rolaugh:

OP
OP
O

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS Olddudesrule!!!!:2tu::2tu:

Best year and colour!!!:D

Definitely no stripes!!!!! Check out my albums and you will see why. Stripes belong on the Bumblebee edition.

I envy you being able to drive it home this time of year.:( The roads up here still have too much salt and gravel on them for us to have a nice cruise. Have you driven a Viper before? Your name indicates you are close to my age. I had a short drive in the wife's Viper(a matching 2001 Yellow GTS) when we picked it up in Calgary after getting it dyno tuned and I still vibrate with excitement after not having driven a Viper for awhile.

I see you are a member already. I hope you will make it to VOI 11 this fall. We want a photo of at least 50 Yellow Vipers.:headbang:

Post those pics!!!:eater::eater::eater:

Thanks HSSSSS,

I agree on the stripes, but also think they make the yellow Vipers look awesome. Should be a great road trip. The wife and I made a few in my old Z06, and they were always enjoyable. I've very limited experience driving Vipers, but have until recently owned a FFR Cobra, which I loved. About as viceral as you can get!

Shanedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks HSSSSS,

I agree on the stripes, but also think they make the yellow Vipers look awesome. Should be a great road trip. The wife and I made a few in my old Z06, and they were always enjoyable. I've very limited experience driving Vipers, but have until recently owned a FFR Cobra, which I loved. About as viceral as you can get!

Congrats on the new ride! I'm picking up a Viper soon and I too just got rid of a Factory Five Cobra. As fast and as beautiful as it was, the Viper is a much better car for me :2tu:

OP
OP
O

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess an 01 YELLOWACR is ok.:dunno::D

Awesome photo (avatar)! The stance seems perfect. How is your suspension set up?

Congrats on the new ride! I'm picking up a Viper soon and I too just got rid of a Factory Five Cobra. As fast and as beautiful as it was, the Viper is a much better car for me :2tu:

I've loved the Cobra body style since I was a kid. Like the Viper (for me the GTS especially), it's a classic! It was just a bit too raw for anything but perfect weather, and relatively short road trips. Ran like stink though! :drive: Best of luck with your new Viper too!

OP
OP
O

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, I think we both made out well! Did you buy that s/c car? If so, I think the deal was great. I looked at it too, but was weighing whether or not I wanted a s/c car straight off. Best if luck with the car! :2tu:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. Stripes look good but solid looks good too. There seem to be so many with stripes.

Set you location in your profile and join the VCA. You'll get a lot of help when you need it.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
admittedly i tried to steer you towards and srt10

But Id be a liar if I said that the yellow GTS ACR wasnt one of my favorite cars period...They look so awessome in yellow plus you have the ACR to boot...

Well done...Well done indeed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth