Dedicated track version ACR on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There will be a non street legal version of the ACR being announced very soon. There will be a race series running these ACRs which will have TV coverage and lots of factory support.

Get ready to rumble all you track rats:drive:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who's your source? Price? How will this series differ from the VRL? How does the car differ from the CC? When can orders be placed?

viperpalmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are no details yet cause it is not 100% yet. It really depends on what the order numbers would be and if they can get the details on how to distribute the cars and so on. You will see it all soon.

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread ***** without details :rolleyes:

Man Ron, you are impatient aren't you. I just came across this info at the LA show, and they didn't have too many details. If you were to concentrate more on their minds and less on their arses you would sometimes find that those ******** clad models are a wealth of information if you did deep enough-;)

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those models sometimes share coctails and sometimes even pillow talk with sr execs....I know, a friend of mine used to be one. You'd be surprised what they find out! Nice job getting the info out of her, Lawrenzo! LOL

Viper might as well have their own series, they get p**** on by all the other series organizers. Its too bad, because I would love to see it go head to head in an all stock series with ZR1, GT3 RS, F430, etc

FastMD, I think a lot of current CC owners would go for a dedicated ACR series with mods ala CC. It sure would put a bite into the NARRA, unless of course, they are chosen to run the series.

Last edited:

Viper 55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could this be the reason there seems to be a lot of CC for sale? Even the Lux cars are for sale...

Not as many as one may think. There are only 5 being "advertised" for sale that I'm aware of, including Lux's car; however, one has been removed from the market where the seller has decided to keep his CC and the remaining 3 that are available, one seller is marketing 2 as a package.

In following these vehicles, I discovered the market to be very limited on used Comp Coupes.

New or used, they're a great race vehicle and fun to drive. NARRA-Viper Days, does a very nice job in the series and if you enjoy racing Vipers, in my opinion, this is the safest and best way to go.

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now they decide to do this, after the plug has been pulled! I simply don't get Chryslers marketing, when the car was viable they never advertised it to any real extent. Very minimal coverage at the car shows, but now that it's being axed they have a huge display at the autoshow and talk of a series to race the cars?????????????????

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now they decide to do this, after the plug has been pulled! I simply don't get Chryslers marketing, when the car was viable they never advertised it to any real extent. Very minimal coverage at the car shows, but now that it's being axed they have a huge display at the autoshow and talk of a series to race the cars?????????????????

Could be the new management....Ralph?

Bill

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the idea of a greater sponsored racing events that include Vipers. But now a price point between the CC and the road ACR is going to exist. Whats the point ?

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was thinking the exact same thing. End production and start a racing series all in the same year:confused:. I was told we will find out more info by PRI this coming weekend. We'll seen see if my "**********" informant is correct.

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.......... I was told we will find out more info by PRI this coming weekend. We'll seen see if my "**********" informant is correct.......

Anyone planning to attend PRI in Orlando starting 12/10?

Performance Racing Industry - About the Show

Performance Racing Industry Trade Show 2009 - Floor Plan - by MapYourShow

I dont have the time/software to download this site map and vendor / product list.....

If you can be patient for 72 hours you should have your answer!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
May not have to even wait 72 hours, but the concept at LA was as follows;

1. Race Series ACR ----- differing from the Comp. Coupe is simple, it is an ACR, not a Compe Coupe.
2. Build enough to support a race series ala Ferrari Challenge, Porsche GTS Cup, etc. Could run alongside established Racing Groups ( i.e. World Challenge, Grand Am, IRL, etc. ) as a support race, or maybe be included within the overall mix of cars on track ---obviously not IRL.
3. Keep the brand/image out front for years until the 2012 emerges.
4. Likely will be done in house, as the numbers will be small and Dealers would need to stock race parts ----- quite expensive if they sell only 2-3 each for example.

Get the word out to those that want to race the car, as news should be breaking soon, and that will help determine the success of the venture.

This is the kind of idea many have wanted to bring the Viper back into the forefront with it's racing heritage. Due to the complexity of this and the concerns with stocking parts, quick movement to supply teams at tracks during emergency situation, etc. , it makes common sense it will be a Manufacturer controlled process to ensure swift response and continuity ---IMHO.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse C,D, J
1-800-889-1893

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. Race Series ACR ----- differing from the Comp. Coupe is simple, it is an ACR, not a Compe Coupe.

Bill,

I was led to believe that it was a "not street legal" ACR- can you confirm, deny or plead the 5th on this:D

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2. Build enough to support a race series ala Ferrari Challenge, Porsche GTS Cup, etc. Could run alongside established Racing Groups ( i.e. World Challenge, Grand Am, IRL, etc. ) as a support race, or maybe be included within the overall mix of cars on track ---obviously not IRL.
3. Keep the brand/image out front for years until the 2012 emerges.
4. Likely will be done in house, as the numbers will be small and Dealers would need to stock race parts ----- quite expensive if they sell only 2-3 each for example.

Get the word out to those that want to race the car, as news should be breaking soon, and that will help determine the success of the venture.

This is the kind of idea many have wanted to bring the Viper back into the forefront with it's racing heritage. Due to the complexity of this and the concerns with stocking parts, quick movement to supply teams at tracks during emergency situation, etc. , it makes common sense it will be a Manufacturer controlled process to ensure swift response and continuity ---IMHO.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse C,D, J
1-800-889-1893

I'd like to be the fly on the wall in Fiat's finance office. To carry a small (down to 500 car production in 2010) and borderline obsolete inventory (i.e. when the 2012 car arrives) to keep a currently non-existent series (start in 2010?) going while the parent can't sell those cars... must be some marketing dollars in there somewhere. But I hope it works out.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A race version of the ACR would not be street Legal. It would have to have all the safety equipment.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry, race version is as Frank stated --------- non highway use, but an ACR, not a Comp Coupe vehicle ( think Ferrari Challenge using a stock vehicle with modest changes ).

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking F430C (here's my wish list, at a minimum)--Roll cage, race seats, racing springs, alloy control arm bushings, stripped interior, Lexan side & rear windows, no airbags, quick release steering wheel, and full fledged data acquisition?

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
...... ....... How will this series differ from the VRL? How does the car differ from the CC? When can orders be placed?

A race version of the ACR would not be street Legal. It would have to have all the safety equipment.

Comp Coupes have GEN-3 Motors

ACRs have GEN 4 Motor

If true, I bet you can order at / after PRI Show!

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would love to hear more about this. A dedicated series with coverage and support would do wonders for the Viper.

..........(here's my wish list, at a minimum)--Roll cage, race seats, racing springs, alloy control arm bushings, stripped interior, Lexan side & rear windows, no airbags, quick release steering wheel, and full fledged data acquisition?......

Can you get to Orlando? Or maybe tune-in VCA Members Section, Thursday 12/10?

Last edited:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Many good ideas above.

Could happen. Heard talk about this some time ago.

Should know soon.....

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they do this, it should come as a race ready vehicle to avoid any additional expense to the racer/purchaser since the car is over $100 grand already. I would love to buy one to race in a NARRA style venue. Part of the ACR problem for racing now is the additional cost to convert the car to race legal.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone planning to attend PRI in Orlando starting 12/10?

Performance Racing Industry - About the Show

Performance Racing Industry Trade Show 2009 - Floor Plan - by MapYourShow

I dont have the time/software to download this site map and vendor / product list.....

If you can be patient for 72 hours you should have your answer!

What perfect timing to have it opposite of the Copenhagen Climate Summit.

Who wants to join me on an I-4 environmental assault Saturday?

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking F430C (here's my wish list, at a minimum)--Roll cage, race seats, racing springs, alloy control arm bushings, stripped interior, Lexan side & rear windows, no airbags, quick release steering wheel, and full fledged data acquisition?

i have all that stuff in my street car:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery