Delete Headers or not ?

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K........just got my FE last week.
The car is fantastic other than the sound. Its gotta be changed. I only want to install the RT cats and Corsa Exhaust. I have the belanger complete system on my SRT 10 and although I love it , I just do want to go through the complete install on the GTS.

Do I install the headers or just the RT cats and Exhaust? Do the headers make that much of a difference on the GTS.

Thanks
Patrick

PS: The complete system made a 30-40 HP gain on my SRT10 vs a stock system.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll know in a month or so. Going to get the baseline on my '01 today. It has a Belanger cat-back but that's it.

In a month I'll have the Belanger headers, R/T HF cats and Belanger side exhaust done.

And after the 500 mile wait period Lou suggests to let the Jet Hot cure, we'll get some more numbers.

I'm sure someone has already done this though and has numbers today.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K........just got my FE last week.
The car is fantastic other than the sound. Its gotta be changed. I only want to install the RT cats and Corsa Exhaust. I have the belanger complete system on my SRT 10 and although I love it , I just do want to go through the complete install on the GTS.

Do I install the headers or just the RT cats and Exhaust? Do the headers make that much of a difference on the GTS.

Thanks
Patrick

PS: The complete system made a 30-40 HP gain on my SRT10 vs a stock system.

I am wondering this same thing since I was considering getting Belanger headers in the future....that is if it is worth the money replacing the stock headers.?

If I do get Belanger headers though..I assumed it would be better getting Belanger hi-flow cats over random tech for that reason; unless it is a better idea to go RT for my cats regardless :confused:

Also, is it possible to get Corsa Headers, Hi-flow cats and catback exhaust? I have looked online and haven't seen a full corsa setup.. can someone link me to that if they know.. thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am wondering this same thing since I was considering getting Belanger headers in the future....that is if it is worth the money replacing the stock headers.?

If I do get Belanger headers though..I assumed it would be better getting Belanger hi-flow cats over random tech for that reason; unless it is a better idea to go RT for my cats regardless :confused:

Also, is it possible to get Corsa Headers, Hi-flow cats and catback exhaust? I have looked online and haven't seen a full corsa setup.. can someone link me to that if they know.. thanks!

Thats a good point. What combinations can you combine. Can you put on the belanger exhaust and high flow cats with the stock headers? Or is there a limitation to what you can combine to the stock headers. Frankly I don't think its worth the header upgrade...
Patrick

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you don't have a supercharger and even if you have a low boost supercharger the stock headers make nearly the same power as aftermarkets. My 8# Roe sc' 98 GTS has stock headers with Roe Hi-flow Cats and RT catback. 598rwhp/644rwtq. Not bad for just a supercharger and some of the exhaust.

http://forums.viperclub.org/performance-modifications/613622-new-mod.html#post2528137

I put some Belanger header pics on the thread above and also explained my problem with Edelbrock 1 3/4" headers.

The stock headers are well engineered and an excellent upgrade for a Gen1 and that's why you don't get a lot of hp from aftermarket headers.

You must be registered for see images

Ted

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, unless spending 1700 on another mod is chump change, do it, otherwise I'd save the money and put in some RRs and maybe an ECU tune/SCT, twice the bang for the buck. The car will be loud enough with just the exhaust and cats.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll know in a month or so. Going to get the baseline on my '01 today. It has a Belanger cat-back but that's it.

In a month I'll have the Belanger headers, R/T HF cats and Belanger side exhaust done.

And after the 500 mile wait period Lou suggests to let the Jet Hot cure, we'll get some more numbers.

I'm sure someone has already done this though and has numbers today.

Baseline dyno 2day. Follow up to, well, follow.

http://forums.viperclub.org/dyno-results/613738-baseline-01-gts-im-running-rich.html

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960