Deleted cats AND Roe side sill insulation?

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is too damn hot, and I want it colder. I have already deleted my cats, and my A/C works okay. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the difference is between no cats and no cats combined with the Roe side sill insulation. Is it worth it? When I removed my cats, I header-wrapped the straight pipe that I put in place of the cats. It's already wrapped up pretty good.

Or....any other suggestions on how I can keep the car cool (besides only driving in winter)?

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2ND, on the vents....without the vents, the heat cannot get out!!

I still want to try the new screen sold by thermotech(JEGS). It is cut to fit, then rivet, but big enough to do both sides,both ends for $40.

So, for now, I have both ends open, (but no motor yet)....

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no cats (resonator instead), Borla mufflers, SVSI Headers, DC Performance vents and the Roe insulation. The sills are a little cooler but it doesn't make a huge difference. I really like the sound though, loud but not obnoxious.

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you vent the back of the sills also, or just the front?
Hemibeep, do you have the link for the thermotech screen. I would like to check it out.
Thanks
Gary

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a huge hole in the inside front of the sill where the pipe enters and a huge hole in the rear where it exits. That, combined with the natural pressure differentials that exist between the front and rear of the car, would make the additional venting superfluous in my opinion.

A better use of effort would be to ensure that there is sufficient clearance around the cat (if there is one) so the air can actually flow. As the car sits stock, the factory insulation prevents that from happening. On a cat-less car, I would think reflecting the heat back into the airstream would be the most efficient way to minimize the heat build up. The Roe insulation I believe would also prevent airflow and hold any moisture that enters the sill during washing / rain, increasing the likelyhood of sill corrosion.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Micro-louver air shield, Thermo-tech
Jegs
PN 893-11710 12" x 24" $39.99
PN 893-11720 24" x 24" $46.99
I would think the 12 x 24 would be plenty for 4 pieces.
I have not seen this, but I am going to try as soon as motor is complete.. I hate to place a small order for just 1 item!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a bit of info on wrapping headers or tubing close to the catalytic converter. Unless the tubing you use is of the highest quality stainless steel, the wrap will accelerate tube degredation by at least ten fold. My first set of headers I made crystallized in four months and literally blew out the tubes. My headers were made of mild steel not 304 or better stainless. The wrap is very effective at holding in heat and not transferring it away from the metal.