difference between a GTS and a SRT10 coupe?

all4rocks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats the difference between a GTS and a SRT10 coupe? And what is an ACR?

V

Venomiss

Try the search button first-there are quite few threads you can read up on.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wowww...yeah, you need to do some searches....the comparisons with the GTS/SRT10 and ACR's...all really different cars...depends on WHAT you want in your Viper. Good Luck in your search...for the record, we LOVE our '05 Black SRT-10 Convertible with uh-hmmmm...slight mods...! The GTS BODY STYLE is the BEST Viper body style in our opinion...~juli

pattymelt3605

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTS and SRTC are both coupes. The GTS was built from 96-02 with an 8.0L engine and staring in 03-06 there is the SRT-10 which has always been a true convertible until the SRT-10 Coupe came out in 06. Both feature an 8.3L 505hp engine. And now for 2008 the Viper is available in coupe or convertible with an 8.4L 600hp engine. The GTS is second generation viper the SRT-10 Coupe is a third generation. The SRT-10 is a completely different platform than the GTS with many improvements such as interior, brakes, engine, suspension, etc. The GTS is still a great car with classic styling. The ACR was made in both the GTS and 08 SRT-10 Coupe platforms, ACR stands for American Club Racer and features upgrades over the standard Viper, mostly in suspension.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTS and SRTC are both coupes. The GTS was built from 96-02 with an 8.0L engine and staring in 03-06 there is the SRT-10 which has always been a true convertible until the SRT-10 Coupe came out in 06. Both feature an 8.3L 505hp engine. And now for 2008 the Viper is available in coupe or convertible with an 8.4L 600hp engine. The GTS is second generation viper the SRT-10 Coupe is a third generation. The SRT-10 is a completely different platform than the GTS with many improvements such as interior, brakes, engine, suspension, etc. The GTS is still a great car with classic styling. The ACR was made in both the GTS and 08 SRT-10 Coupe platforms, ACR stands for American Club Racer and features upgrades over the standard Viper, mostly in suspension.

Oh great. A helpful post...:D

OP
OP
all4rocks

all4rocks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks, that was very helpful. Anyone know where to get a hardtop for a SRT10?

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, you can buy an 06 coupe with one preinstalled by the factory :lmao:

or try Jeff Lemke if your trying to backfit a vert

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Call JonB at Parts Rack for a hard top.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The difference is that all sports cars should be black or red, and they all should be convertibles.

Just ask the ladies.:D

Seriously, you can do everything at the track w/ a vert that you can w/ a coupe if you add roll bars or get the after market hard top. There is absolutely nothing more enjoyable than taking my wife out for a cruise w/ the top down on a lovely evening. Then coming across a 911 TT and kicking his ass!

The ACR is a ******** track car. Viper on steroids...definitely not for the faint of heart and should probably not be your first Viper.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The difference is that all sports cars should be black or red, and they all should be convertibles.
Just ask the ladies.:D
Seriously, you can do everything at the track w/ a vert that you can w/ a coupe if you add roll bars or get the after market hard top. There is absolutely nothing more enjoyable than taking my wife out for a cruise w/ the top down on a lovely evening. Then coming across a 911 TT and kicking his ass!

Wowww, you are SOOOO correct....BLACK Viper vert and RED '08 436hp Vette (coupe though)!! RIGHT on, Keith!!! And, yes, it's very enjoyable going out for a drive in the vert...you are correct about needing the rollbars or hardtop at the track, and don't forget, we are black-flagged due to EXTREMELY LOUD EXHAUST...but we don't track...just did once this year with YOU at Lime Rock...that was a RUSH~~~will NEVER forget that day~~GO ACRSteve!!!! He's the best! :headbang:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats the difference between a GTS and a SRT10 coupe? And what is an ACR?

To me heres the differance..

Same day..Same drag strip/road course..Same driver..average conditions..good skill

GTS........12.2 at 118 1.9 60 ft
ACR........12.1 at 119 1.9 60 ft
SRT10coupe.12.1 at 120 2.0 60 ft
SRT10vert..12.0 at 121 2.0 60 ft

GTS..........1.33 second lap
ACR..........1.32 second lap
SRT10vert....1.30 second lap
SRT10 coupe..1.29 second lap

GTS..........190 mph
ACR..........191 mph
SRT10vert....193 mph
SRT10 coupe..195 mph

GTS..........405 rwhp
ACR..........415 rwhp
SRT10 vert...445 rwhp
SRT10 coupe..445 rwhp

Last edited:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wowww, you are SOOOO correct....BLACK Viper vert and RED '08 436hp Vette (coupe though)!! RIGHT on, Keith!!! And, yes, it's very enjoyable going out for a drive in the vert...you are correct about needing the rollbars or hardtop at the track, and don't forget, we are black-flagged due to EXTREMELY LOUD EXHAUST...but we don't track...just did once this year with YOU at Lime Rock...that was a RUSH~~~will NEVER forget that day~~GO ACRSteve!!!! He's the best! :headbang:
Hey guys! Have u two lined the Vette and the Viper up side by side to see what happens? I was going to buy my wife an 07 conv Vette last year (as an excuse for me to have one!). But she changed her mind at the last minute (she had problems w/ one we rented in Vegas). I think the Vette is a beautiful car. But of course the Viper runs through my blood!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi