Direct port Nitrous

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinging of switching from the pre-TB setup to the direct port. Where did you guys send your intake??? How much did it cost to have done, and how long did it take??? Also, do any of you that have done this have regrets???

Thanks!

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk to RSI and to Rohn (jkracer). It is my understanding that if you are going for the very last 10th it is necessary/beneficial but otherwise it is very, very hard (violent) on the car.

Chad

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They are both wet kits, in the concept sense. One just fogs in front of the tb's the other after. But I would believe that in direct port the distribution is more even than what the manifold would distribute when fogging the tb's alone. The Viper has a lot of cylinders to distibute to. The key would be making sure the jetting is around only 25-30hp per cylinder (x10 + 250-300hp shot).

I spoke to NX about a kit, after seeing BigCarrot's set up. They figured about $400 labor plus the cost of the nozzles, rails, and lines. That is if you send them a manifold. And they would jet it to your liking.

I know a lot of guys think the tb butterflies act like a fail safe in that they close if something goes wrong. But I wouldn't want to rely on that. If you wire in correctly a WOT switch, a fuel pressure safety switch, and maybe even an rpm window switch, you are going to be just about as safe with either set up.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MD,talk to Denny@ www.racetested.com
No matter who does it,these new solinoids WON'T fail,and their guaranteed with big cash back.More and more pro mod guys are using them.They automatically pulse slightly regardless of progressive computer input.You can get a 300shot out of 1pair of solinoids.At out dyno day I jumped on and tuned to perfect A/F and 200rwshot in 3 runs and 1/2hr.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
General Jackson