disconnected battery

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive it, it needs to relearn everything, recalibrate the computer memory. I don’t remember what the term is for this.

Just take it for a regular 15+ minute drive around town at various speeds and gears, and then take it out on the highway at 60-70 mph and drop it in to 6th gear for 5 minutes or so and then coast (clutch in or neutral and no brakes) to an almost full stop off of an exit ramp. You should be good.

Last edited:

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yeah, there are several adaptives in the car that have to self correct over time. You need to make sure you get it up to temp first as the adaptives don't learn while still in the warmup cycle. Like BYAIC said though, you just need to drive it. There are a few different "bins" that the car learns in, like different rpms and load combinations. There is also a "minimum air flow" setting that the car learns to control the idle. That more or less just means the car has to learn how the IAC affects the idle speed so it knows where to set it when coasting and stuff like that. Whenever I put a fresh tune in my car it will almost always die if I coast down in gear to a stop and only clutch it at the last minute. Once I've done this a few times though it learns the lowest IAC setting to use and it won't stall anymore.

OP
OP
D

Dundiggin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you very much for that info.I AM OVER 70 YEARS YOUNG, CAN MANAGE MOST VEHICLE PROBLEMS ,BUT,COMPUTERS...... NO. BUT WITH THE CLUB'S TOP MECHANICS HELP I AM LEARNING SLOWLY.I WILL GIVE YOUR METHOD A TRY.THANKS AGAIN.
REGARDS Dundiggin