Discount SRT track Experience

Scotty-tnt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Membership in the Viper Club of America has a number of benefits—and now we’ve added another one. As you probably know, SRT sponsors a series of driving events called the SRT Track Experience. The SRT Track Experience normally costs $500 for a day and includes piloting the full range of SRT vehicles the 600HP Dodge Viper SRT10, Dodge Charger SRT8, Dodge Magnum SRT8, Chrysler 300C SRT8, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and the all-new Dodge Caliber SRT4
Now, as a VCA member, you and any guests are entitled to a $100 discount on the cost of a day at the SRT Track Experience. As a Viper owner, we know you’re a performance enthusiast. That’s why we’re making this offer so you can maximize your driving skills on the street, strip or track—and save $100 in the process. So, it will cost you only $400.

Each program consists of four driving modules tailored to the facility. Modules include Autocross, Full Throttle Challenge, Advanced Car Control and Performance Drive. The SRT Track Experience will culminate with participants riding shotgun as our professional drivers push our SRT vehicles to the limit.

This offer won’t last long, so sign up for your SRT Track Experience session today. To find out when the Track Experience is coming to a track near you, visit driveSRT.com To sign up just download the attached registration form and fax it back to

SRT Headquarters at 248-553-2138. See you at the track

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I signed up today for 3/9/08.

Just for everyone’s info, you need to call SRT/Viper headquarters to get the form to sign up as a VCA member to get the $100 dollar discount. It is not online.

It is also attached to the email Heather sent out if you have it.

They had no knowledge of there being a $200 discount at this time as James was talking about at the meeting.

Hopefully if that discount goes through I will get a refund?? :dunno:

See you all in Portland!! :burnout::panic:

Last edited:

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who all will be there?
At the meeting we talked about getting a block of hotel rooms, did anything come of this?

I will see you all there!! :burnout:

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've tried faxing the damned form twice - both with errors, which makes me nervous since my cc information is on it, and calling them three times now. Maybe tomorrow will be the trick.

I agree that it would be nice to find a spot as a group - does anyone going have a recommendation?

I just got a new helmet cam that I'd love to try out - I'll try to remember to bring it just in case I get the opportunity to video the experience.

BTW - Clint - those new icons are great! Where'd you get the burnout and panic? I love 'em! Gotta get me some.

Steve

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
If you "go advanced" instead of quick posting you will find a link in the icon box in the lower left corner the says "[More]"
You will find a buch of cool icons in the box that pops up:2tu::nitrous::mf::deadplace::guitar::teeter::bur2::shark::waiting::cash::pigsfly::usa2::lick::meal::spank:

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being as I have not heard from anyone I looked into rooms near the race track.
I booked a room at the Redlion on Jantzen Beach.
It looked nice on the web (I have never been there) and it is right on the water only one exit away form PIR.

It is about $140 a night depending on how many beds you need.

Here is the info just in case someone is looking for a place.

Red Lion Hotel on the River - Jantzen Beach - Hotel Overview
909 N. Hayden Island Drive
Portland, OR 97217
Phone: 503-283-4466
E-mail: [email protected]

See you guys down there!!:2tu:

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clint,

Good call - I just signed up there too. $109 Internet special. :D

Look me up when you get there - I'll buy you a beverage for the tip!

I'm going a little early Saturday to cruise the local boat basins (my other addiction).

Steve

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great day!!

I think I could go out on a limb and say that everyone had a great time at the SRT track experience.
The crew running the program let us go nuts on these absolutely incredible performance cars.
I got a chance to ride in a new 2008 Viper coupe on the speedway with a pro driver, let me tell you all that it was an amazing car. James was in the green Viper right in front of the car I was in; we were going speeds exceeding 150mph on the 2 ½ mile track, the stopping power on these car was breath taking.

Here are a few picks from the day.

Anyone know who this is :D
DSC010571.JPG

Just me in a new 600 horse power Viper:headbang:
DSC01059.JPG

My father Rudy, not bad for his first time in a Viper:drive:
DSC010721.JPG

Got ya Steve!!
DSC01073.JPG

My Dad again.
DSC01075.JPG

Me getting a little sideways:devgrin:
DSC01078.JPG

The new 2008 Coupes James and I were riding in at 150+ If you look close you can see Bill S.
DSC010871.JPG

I will see you all at the next one!!

Last edited:

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pics Clint!

For anyone that is/was contemplating attending one of these sessions, I would encourage you - it's well worth the price.

The group was split into four sections, each with their own "Crew Chief", and rotated around 4 major activities. And most of the cars had on-board video & sound that will be coming to each of us on a DVD, personalized by a fob that they gave us to plugin as we strapped in. Each group did:

Performance Driving - You and one other driver play "follow the pro driver" for two laps around the track in each car. And pickup as many additional laps as you can.

Car Control - A "loose" autocross course where you drive the Viper as hard as you can. About half the group spun out, cut the course, killed cones, etc. Then the pros showed us how to run the entire course sideways in full drift.

Drag Strip - 300' timed drag race to introduce you to launching these beasts. Get as many runs as you can in the various cars, and test your reaction time. :burnout:

Autocross - A VERY tight course run as an individual competition with the turbo Caliber, and then run with the SRT Jeep as team competition.

At the end, the combined group gave each person 2 Hot Laps around the track driven by the Instructors. I got Shake 'N Bake for 2 laps in the new Viper, and he showed me lines I'd never have guessed! :crazy2: I've never *intentionally* done the hairpins sideways with the gas floored. :panic:

The track at PIR was recently re-done. All but 2 turns have been changed, and the whole surface was smooth as a babies butt. Wow! What an awesome track (compared to PR here).

And to top it all off, not only did the predicted "pouring rain all day" not show up, it was so sunny in the afternoon that several of us got a first-class sunburn. First one of the year! :)

All-in-all, an awesome day. Now I gotta git down to my Dodge dealer and pick up one of those SRTs..... :wow:

Steve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456