DLM PAXTON BOLTON MAKES 782 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Max Moran (he posts as MaxedGTS) and he could hardly talk :laugh: .
He's at the dyno tuning his SRT10 with a DLM Paxton blower kit.
The first time we spoke he was at about 750 rwhp and later he called me back and told me the unbelievable news, 782 rwhp sae correction on a BONE STOCK motor :headbang:
Doug and Paxton have really outdone this bolton system!!! I'll let Max tell you the rest when he gets back from the dyno. That's if he stops shaking enough to type LOL.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

-Lou

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, with this cool weather now, that's an easy 800RWHP while driving with cool air flowing over the intercooler...

G

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard we really need upgraded pistons and rods to make that kind of HP somewhat reliably. I'd be interested in hearing other's thoughts on this.

OP
OP
F

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been informed that a lot of it has to do with tuning, boost temps and other important necessities. When I had my DLM Level 1 I was told by a lot of people that it would never withstand the boost and horsepower. My car always ran like a champ without an ounce of trouble! I can tell you first hand that Max put over 50,000 miles on his DLM blower car without any major problems. Max can tell you how much he drives his car...EVERY DAY :2tu:

-Lou

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whata day!!!! i just got back from a full day of boosting.Finished my car last night and hit the dyno this morning. Good cool air feels like nitros on this thing. I can't tell you how excited i am about this car. Doug outdid himself on this package but I built it with my son :D
Never, never expected to make that much power with this kit. the guys at the dyno asked me how much horsepower i expected to make. i told them i wasn't sure so they guessed about 550 to 600 rwhp. Because Doug is a sand bagger (just kidding Doug) i had NO idea how much it would make. AFter a few dyno pulls my srt made 782 rear wheel hp and 754 torq :headbang: every body flipped out.
This car runs sooo smooth and makes so much power i can't imagin it stock again.
i would post the dyno sheet but i don't know how to post pictures :p
Can somebody tell me how?

Max

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So tell us, what is different about Doug's kit than the Paxton kit?

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Something does not add up here. 430 RWHP at stock to 780 RWHP. An 80+% increase????? No other mods?? Are you running 20psi boost? Are you sure you are not mixing flywheel HP wheel HP?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something does not add up here. 430 RWHP at stock to 780 RWHP. An 80+% increase????? No other mods?? Are you running 20psi boost? Are you sure you are not mixing flywheel HP wheel HP?

I'm sure he is talking rwhp. Crazy huh !!! The secret: Some dude in North Miami that hangs around someplace called DLM :headbang:

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I left a message for Doug about the system. Do you think a good Viper Tech could install the system? I have Balanger headers and 3inch exhaust on the way. I would also like to buy this system. The numbers that you have are awsome congrats! Do you have headers and cat back, or just stock?

TomMiriViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not? Have you ever been in one of Doug's custom built machines? My office is minutes away from DLM and I get to ride in some of his power plants. Doug builds some of the fastest cars I've ever been in. There's a place around the corner of his shop called SR9. I used to go there back in the day and race mustangs and vettes in my Trans Am with a bored and stroked 455 pontiac motor. Doug was the ONLY guy I wouldn't race for money because he owned the strip :p . He showed up with a different car he built about every couple weeks. Anybody that knew Doug built a car wouldn't race him :eek: It was hilarious to see some of the sleepers Doug would show up with! You would hear whispers of, "Doug Levin built it and I aint racing it"

Don't ever underestimate what he can do. Go buy his shop and talk a spin in one of his creations: you'll be a quick believer :2tu:

Cheers

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I need to clarify myself a little here. This install is on a stock SRT. So when bolting on a Paxton supercharger, you can only manipulate the amount of gas and air and timing. Max did not mention the boost for this set up. It would probably take at least 12psi to get an 80+% increase in power out of the engine that he reported. You could probably get over 1000 HP out of the engine if you used over 20psi. Take a look at the Nov issue of Car/Driver in the supercar challenge article. The second place winner in the sedan category is a 1.? liter Mitsubishi with 475HP using 25psi boost. I would not driver that thing around town without a Kevlar blanket around the engine, talk about a pressure cooker.

Of course taking home 1st and 3rd was a [*****] Viper twin turbo 800HP and an RSI twin turbo 800 HP viper, love it.

I am cautious of how much boost to use without upgrading some other engine components. Power is physics. The connecting rods, pistons, crank, valves, valve springs, gaskets and bolts all have to be able to handle the extra load. This has nothing to do with the talent of the mechanic, its physics. How much safety did DC design into the individual components of the motor. That I do not know. I suppose it is up to the individual as to the comfort level they want. No one has commented on the difference between the DLM/Paxton kit and the Paxton Kit. The only major different can be the boost. Paxton systems are set up for 7-8 psi of boost. Paxton is obviously being very conservative, I guess they do not want to be responsible for any engine damage. From that I would conclude that you could go higher in boost and still be OK. I have built many Chevy SB, so I would be very comfortable picking the components for a high boost Chevy, but I am new to the Viper world so I do not know where the line is. Maybe a few comments from tuners who have real experience with the durability with the V10 components can estimate the relative safety HP these stock motors can take. I am sure opinions here will very greatly, even and especially form the tuners.

My personal preference is to have the most amount of HP possible (spare no $$, well almost) and still drive the car everyday to work as I do now. So my reference is street driving and an occasional track day and a few drag runs, but not racing.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would post the dyno sheet but i don't know how to post pictures :p
Can somebody tell me how?

Max

To post a picture, first load the desired picture up into your gallery, then go to the picture in the galleries you want to post, and scroll down a bit and you see something that says "UBB Code:". Just cut and paste everything after the ":" into your post.

Reaction score
Here you go Max, just for you....
Congrats on the big numbers. I didn't give Max the projected hp numbers for his DLM/PAX kit but I assured him he would be pleased and driving at his own risk ;)

83MaxedSuperchargedSRT.jpg

For those interested, I appreciate your comments however, it's late and I have a big day tomorrow. I will do my best to address your comments/questions asap.

Thanks for your patients :2tu:

Doug

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for posting my picture Doug. i don't understand the naysayers???? :confused: The system is a DlMpaxton kit and Dougs been building supercharged vipers for years. Anyone that says it cant be done well you haven't had the chance to install one of these pakages.
i told Doug i wanted to run a little more boost with his system because i've owned several of his cars that held up incredibly well. Doug warned me the boost may be to much for a stock piston car but i decided to go that route. My other DlM car has the cast pistons and put over 50k mi. and still operates like a champ.its tuned very well! i'm using the 8 psi pulley charger parts up grade that makes more power then my other car. This car runs freakin awesome :headbang:
it's so smooth and the power comes on up top hard and traction is very good when the tires get some heat in them. i love this car :2tu: A supercharged srt is THEEEEE car!!!

Max

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Max,
Your car must be a rush! It's got to feel great having power AND handling AND stopping all in one package :laugh: . What exhaust did you decide on and how long did it take to install your kit from Doug?

Hey Doug, did you make it to the dyno today with Sean's car? He's been foaming at the mouth after reading Max's dyno numbers. He won't race it unless he has a professional driver like me ;) LOL.

Max let me know if your son races it next weekend. Congrats to you and Doug Levin for another bad asp car!
CB

Reaction score
Chuck -

We did dyno Sean's car today. The outside temperatures were hotter than I would like to have seen them but the numbers were still impresive :2tu: I believe the torque would have been higher if we allowed more cool down time.
He was able to take a spin today for a short drive and he'll get the car back tomorrow :)

2004 SRT-10 Stock engine
DLM/PAXTON Supercharged
4,000 miles
Corsa catback

760 rwhp / 677 tq
735 rwhp / 682 tq

83SeanSRTDLMCHARGER-med.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member