DLM / PAXTON SUPERCHARGER IS AWSOME!!

V1PERMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at a South Florida VCA board meeting last week and Doug Levin of DLM was raving about his red 2003 Viper which he installed the Paxton superchager kit. He was so excited about the performance he achieved on a bone stock SRT and invited me to visit his shop and take his Viper for a drive. So the next day I took him up on the offer and off we went. WOW! what an experience. This Viper drives like a rocket. All I can say is it is an out of body experience. :eek: I have owned Vipers since 1993 with all sorts of performance mods but I have to say that this supercharged 2003 SRT is awsome. I saw the dyno charts and this totally stock SRT is making a true 720 rear wheel HP with just the Paxton kit and the special DLM upgrade.

So I go home that night and all I can think about is all that power I experienced in Doug's supercharged SRT. Well, the next day I do the inevitable. I call Doug and order the Paxton /DLM kit. I was going through severe HP withdrawl.

Doug delivered the kit within a few days and I have been installing ever since. Working a few hours on it each day. Doug has been super helpfull with every question I have had along the way. :2tu: Believe me, the instructions that come with the Paxton kit are good but they definatly could be better. When I finish with the basic Paxton install, I will bring my SRT to Doug's shop for his DLM upgrade. I can't wait for Doug to work his magic and take my stock SRT from 430 rear wheel HP to an awsome 700+ through stock exhaust. I love the idea of a wolf in sheeps clothing. Thanks Doug, now I will really be able to enjoy my SRT.

To be continued...

mark777

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dave,

What is the difference between the standard Paxton Supercharger System and the DLM Upgrade?

I was looking into adding the Paxton to my '04 SRT-10 (stock with Corsa Track w/o crossover)... Since I'm in Vegas and not local to DLM, just wondering if I can get the same upgrade locally...

Thanks,

Mark Levine

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,

What is the difference between the standard Paxton Supercharger System and the DLM Upgrade?

I was looking into adding the Paxton to my '04 SRT-10 (stock with Corsa Track w/o crossover)... Since I'm in Vegas and not local to DLM, just wondering if I can get the same upgrade locally...

Thanks,

Mark Levine

I've been wondering the same thing! Good luck with your install...those are some scary numbers :2tu: :headbang: :cool:

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dougs been building sc vipers for years and his kit has many parts upgraded that are much better an stronger. He helps every step and takes the time to help you. he offers EXCELLENT help that makes the installation much easier and profesional to install.
He has different levels of kits and i was very lucky to get one of the first ones. the srt with DougsPaxton supercharger kit made the car awesome to drive. There is no lag in power and boost is smooth and quiet. i am so hooked i cant stop driving :p :cool: :)
Max

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is simply the boost, more boost more power. All the kits are is a supercharger and two fuel pumps. You can get 1,000 HP if the boost is high enough.

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is simply the boost, more boost more power. All the kits are is a supercharger and two fuel pumps. You can get 1,000 HP if the boost is high enough.
:rolleyes: You need to rethink your strategy.

Cheers,
CB

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The way I understand it the DLM upgrade to the package is those 2 fuel pumps :eek: ?

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The way I understand it the DLM upgrade to the package is those 2 fuel pumps :eek: ?
Two fuel pumps????
Let me know what your smoking and pass it this way :p The DLM srt upgrade IS ALOT BETTER upgrade then just fuel pumps.i just installed mine and made over 782 rwhp.
i can tell you it's NOT just two fuel pumps LOL.
PS just so you know Doug offers the best customer service, parts and horsepower when you buy one from him. just for that i would have paid twice as much :D
:2tu:
Max

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of these days! We have always had a DLM car somewhere in the Kansas City VCA and it is always the King of the Dyno. Support is second to none and it is about as bulletproof as you could ask for. My Doug Levin Motorsports polo shirt is pretty worn out by now (from VOI 6), but I still wear it with pride. Now if I could only add some of the other DLM stuff to the collection... ;)

OP
OP
V

V1PERMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Two fuel pumps????
Let me know what your smoking and pass it this way :p The DLM srt upgrade IS ALOT BETTER upgrade then just fuel pumps.i just installed mine and made over 782 rwhp.
i can tell you it's NOT just two fuel pumps LOL.
PS just so you know Doug offers the best customer service, parts and horsepower when you buy one from him. just for that i would have paid twice as much :D
:2tu:
Max

I think Max said it the best...... and if anyone thinks that they can get over 700HP in a reliable package for the price and service which DLM offers, Good Luck! :2tu:

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug definitely upgrades his cars to accommodate the higher boost. He uses many parts for the new Viper that are used for his high horsepower cars. He knows what it takes to make power... he's been at this game for a loooong time. I'm waiting to take a ride in one of his SRT's. I've talked to a few of his happy customers that are raving about the DLM supercharged SRT :2tu:

-Lou

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hang on, I was responding to thread after thread of WOW, AMAZNG, DLM is a magician. And several folks asking what is the difference between DLM/Paxton kit and the Paxton kit. Maybe the questions were rhetorical and the WOWs were just expressions of extreme excitement. I guess we all get a little excited about more HP. My wife says I act like a kid every time I get around an engine.

My point was that a supercharger simply puts more air and fuel into the engine, it makes more power, that’s all. How do you get more power out of a supercharger? Pump in more air and fuel. There is no magic, but everyone is acting like it is. What is the difference between the DLM/Paxton kit 780ish WRHP and the stock Paxton kit at 650ish RWHP? My answer was simply more fuel and air. The more air is easy, up the boost. The more fuel is a little more complicated. I do not know if the stock injectors are big enough to allow more fuel. At any rate since no one else has offered the specific details as to the DLM difference, I was offering the basic answer.

As for my comment of 1000 HP, I was not implying that the stock motor can make that much HP with the Paxton unit. I was simply stating that force enough air/fuel into a motor and you can get big HP. Now that leads to my final note. At some point the stock engine can not safely handle the additional HP. Did Dodge design the stock motor to handle a 75%+ HP increase? I would be surprised if they did, but I really do not know. There is however some point where the factory parts will give out. Undoubtedly one of us will find out.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your assuming the DLM Paxton kit is just more boost and fuel and it's not. Doug has upgraded many parts as other's have explained to you. I'm sure at some point there is proprietary information that won't be disclosed about the system. The Viper tuning business is limited, which leads me to believe tuners WILL NOT disclose this type of information for competitive purposes.

I'm seriously considering buying an 04 or 03 leftover and sending it to Doug before I take delivery. Trust me when I tell you .... I wouldn't send a brand new car to have it modified to anyone unless I have 100 percent confidence in that person and Doug is certainly my best choice. Although I know there are other tuners that can do an excellent job just as well :2tu:

-Lou

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was at a South Florida VCA board meeting last week and Doug Levin of DLM was raving about his red 2003 Viper which he installed the Paxton superchager kit. He was so excited about the performance he achieved on a bone stock SRT and invited me to visit his shop and take his Viper for a drive. So the next day I took him up on the offer and off we went.

I am seriously considering purchasing this kit from doug; however, I have some reservations.

1. when you say bone stock... no headers or exhaust work?
2. Gears are still stock? how would 3.33's or 3.55's feel with extra HP?
3. What are long term effects to engine life-reliability?
4. Can you here the supercharger or is it stealthy?
5. Can my wife tell I did something to the car?

thanks any info would be appreciated.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha! I have some of the same questions, especially number 5 :)

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sending my VCA SRT to Doug. I can't wait to fill the supercharged power! Still waiting till the transport gets here.

Reaction score
I am seriously considering purchasing this kit from doug; however, I have some reservations.

1. when you say bone stock... no headers or exhaust work?
2. Gears are still stock? how would 3.33's or 3.55's feel with extra HP?
3. What are long term effects to engine life-reliability?
4. Can you here the supercharger or is it stealthy?
5. Can my wife tell I did something to the car?

thanks any info would be appreciated.
Answers:

1) On a bonestock car (no exhaust work) 700+ rwhp is obtainable, easily.
2) Stock gears (taller) are advisable however, you may utilize rearend gear changes ... Traction may become a bit temperamental, although the boost advances much quicker!
3) Long term engine reliability is not compromised - however, 700 rwhp is running on the jagged edge for a cast piston car - perhaps a tad lower on boost output and emphasizing on "a conservative tune" would certainly be the better choice for piece of mind & longevity.
4) The quieter the exhaust the better the sc tone! It's a very subtle blower whine and with the radio turned down it sounds like music to your ears :D
5) I haven't had the privilege of meeting your wife, but flowers and a new kitchen has always worked for me :laugh:

Ron -
Let's chat again soon!

Chris -
Yes, I'll finance you! Apply now :D

I'll try to provide more information by this evening!

Thanks reading and your consideration!
Doug

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have one of dougs "dlm high hp kits" and its insane. Its like my *** bike on 4 wheels

good work doug and thanks again for all your help.

love

vd.. hahah

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today I had an opportunity to drive and subsequently allow Doug to show me the high performance end of the DLM SC upgrade. The selling point is minimal upgrade requirements on other systems i.e exhaust and rearend. Being little anal with my White Viper Mamba about garage rash, I found his associates careful and sensitive in this area. I am now seriously considering the upgrade.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car was picked up to ship to DLM should be there in two days or so. I am excited to get the car back superchaged. I will report on the performance. I am sure it will be breath taking! I have been told that Doug and his team do a top notch job. And the workmanship is awesome.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having been around the block for a while and knowing the different tuners out there, I can say that Doug and his company have been one of the most loyal to the Viper community that I have ever seen. Not only does he build one of the most reliable, cleanest, and strongest supercharger setups in the world, but he stands behind them like you would not believe. I have witnessed this firsthand, whether it be Doug flying to a customer's location or working with another customer on an early Sunday morning by phone to get the most out of his car on Dyno Day.

The Viper world is blessed with some awesome tuners such as Roe, Heffner, RSI, and many others. Doug Levin Motorsports is without a doubt one of the best of the best. He would have my money for some killer mods - if I had any! ;)

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Having been around the block for a while and knowing the different tuners out there, I can say that Doug and his company have been one of the most loyal to the Viper community that I have ever seen. Not only does he build one of the most reliable, cleanest, and strongest supercharger setups in the world, but he stands behind them like you would not believe. I have witnessed this firsthand, whether it be Doug flying to a customer's location or working with another customer on an early Sunday morning by phone to get the most out of his car on Dyno Day.

The Viper world is blessed with some awesome tuners such as Roe, Heffner, RSI, and many others. Doug Levin Motorsports is without a doubt one of the best of the best. He would have my money for some killer mods - if I had any! ;)

I think he was on the phone with me on sun.

lol

vd..

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote Dougs reply to question#5:
) I haven't had the privilege of meeting your wife, but flowers and a new kitchen has always worked for me

--------------------------------------------------------
Okay did that (that is how i got my srt :2tu: )also did the bigger rings,remodeled rest of house. :D

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all it takes is one ride in a DLM sc viper and your hooked :) take out the check book because you dont know what your missing :D .This car rocks :headbang:

Max

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all it takes is one ride in a DLM sc viper and your hooked :) take out the check book because you dont know what your missing :D .This car rocks :headbang:

Max
Yeah that darn Doug :p We should make him pay for our addiction to his DLM cars!
Now I have buy an SRT and get Doug to put a supercharger on it ;) :p . Just thinking about it makes me shake like a leaf. How did we ever go through life without DLM power :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhanger