DLM Supercharged Beast takes out two fast crotch rockets... yeeehaw

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday was one of those situations that you think you will NEVER happen, but it did. Two crotch rockets AND open road for about 10 miles (private test track, of course).

Bike #1 was a Brand NEW silver color scheme GSXR-1000, exhaust, undertail, etc etc. I'm sure he had the typical go fast goodies..

Bike #2 was (now this confuses me a little) a Honda, red and black, looked brand new also. But it said "954" on the side instead of 929 (stroker kit??). This bike had full HINDLE titanium exhaust and just decked out cosmetically.

Both bikes were riding my tail wheelieing beside me edging me on....I started getting the ol' heartbeat a'goin'.. you know the feeling..

I've never raced bikes THIS fast before. They are at the TOP of the food chain and these guys were good too!

As fate would have it, light ahead turned red and we both jockied for front spots at the light and got them!! Now, here's another twist... A Blue/White Chevy Corvette, took far left spot on 3rd lane!!!! So it's a Red/White DLM Level II+, Silver/Black GSXR-1000 & Red Honda 929 (954??), and Blue/White stripe (mid 90's vintage) (Grand Sport??) Corvette...

(Conditions were ok for power (about 75 degree air) but I WISH it was about 50 like it was a few days ago..nothign like s/c'ing COLD air. Anybody that s/c's would agree that it feels like you added a 100 shot of nitrous!)

Light turns green and nothing but 10 miles of 6 lanes ahead of us seperated by a grassy median. Rush hour traffic was over and it was ALL CLEAR.. This can't be happening I thought. I take car up to 2,500 RPM and slip clutch and , DARN!!!!, spinnage!!!! hit 2nd, sideways, bikes are now about 5 cars ahead, and vette is about 3 cars behind me already. Bogged the launch!!! Noooo I think.. Hit 3rd, spin..but control it and blast towards them, hit 4th and I'm reeling them in quickly.. After I caught them and walked them, they shut down...

Now the fun part. For the next 9 or so miles they want to do roll ons. We did about 3 or 4. Don't know the speeds we were at, but I remember 1st one was at the top of 2nd gear (about 4,500 rpms). I nail it thinking they would walk me to be honest and it wasn't even close. I wind that baby up to redline, shift quick, hit 3rd, 4th and they are about 5 cars behind me. They couldn't beleive it.. Same thing happened in 3rd and 4th.. I even boosted in 5th and was at the floor. Same result. Not even close....

Finally came up to a gas station and they acknowledged the beating by giving me thumbs up and exited in to fuel up, I beeped and rode off into the Florida setting sun!! yeeeeeeahhhh baby!!!!

D**m that was fun..

p.s. I have no idea where the vette was in all of this,but he did try and race. :laugh:

Gerald

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald,

Keep those stories comin'...you and Ben are fueling my DLM thoughts as the car continues its transformation in Florida...Thanks :D

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
Clark

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speedstyle, thanks... I didn't know the new ones are "954's". I ride also and have a couple bikes. Bikes are fast as heck and a ton of fun.....

Gerald

S

SUN RA KAT

Gerald, you are truly insane. I know your Viper would make my Viper seem slow. I can't even imagine how fast my Viper is yet other than it scared the schitt out of me just going to 95 MPH in 4th gear and I had another 45 MPH to go before redline.

Insanity is GOOD! :D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love stories like this! The thing is I tell people of such stories and they just can't believe it!

Gerald we need to start carrying Video camera's for evidence!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
> You're car will eat me alive... jealous huh?

Jealous that you got to play with two bikes and a corvette all at once. That's like some fantasy scenario out of "penthouse forum" for me :laugh:

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
> You're car will eat me alive... jealous huh?

Jealous that you got to play with two bikes and a corvette all at once. That's like some fantasy scenario out of "penthouse forum" for me :laugh:

Ben, I know, I couldn't believe it! I had the chills sitting at the light, heart racing, palms sweaty... I loved it!

BTW, Ben are you EVER going to dyno that car without loosing traction so we REALLY know what kind of HP you REALLY have? If I did a roll on with you, you'd leave me like I was standing still!!!!

Gerald

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great race Gerald! I felt like I was there when I read that one.
You must be registered for see images

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald has the tough life:

- Home town won the Superbowl
- 75 degree weather and sunny
- 800+++ RWHP DLM Viper
- Toasting crotch rockets on 10 miles of perfect highway

You b*stard.....

:p

Hisser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an R1 go up against me and we both just stayed right next to each other up to about 125 and let off and my 2k Viper is damm near stock. He was quit surprised.

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an R1 go up against me and we both just stayed right next to each other up to about 125 and let off and my 2k Viper is damm near stock. He was quit surprised.

yeeeeshhhh

King RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald since we both live in the same area.
How about if we provide some local entertainment and have a DLM vs Roe Charger face off? Maybe at the meeting in the middle of this month.
Street tire to street tire.
Don't worry no axe to grind here or flame,
Just entertainment!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great race Gerald! I felt like I was there when I read that one.

Gerald, I am glad to see you are " getting your foot into it " That sounds like an awsome closed course that I will have to visit when I get my car back and get a little time to learn how to drive it! Congrats! Paolo

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald since we both live in the same area.
How about if we provide some local entertainment and have a DLM vs Roe Charger face off? Maybe at the meeting in the middle of this month.
Street tire to street tire.
Don't worry no axe to grind here or flame,
Just entertainment!
:) :D let the games begin

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knocked off a few crotch rockets when I had my Venom 600 (now Lee Dove's car, making 547 rwhp...). I don't recall ANY of the bikes being close after 100 MPH....they were waaaay back.

My favorite bike kill wasn't done with a Viper, it was done with my 68 HEMI Charger (real J code car, sold it in 2001). I ran a BMW 1000 cc bike from a 60 roll....dead even to almost 120, then I pulled ahead just a wee bit. We both had to shut down before 130 MPH as traffic was ahead (six lane interstate). Charger had MP .524 lift/292 duration hyd cam, ****** headers, 3 in exh, single 4 BBL 850 dbl pumper, 727, 3.23 gears, 295 50-16 rear tires. No juice. The BMW bike rider gave me big grin and thumbs-up.

I miss that car...not as fast as a Viper, but a HEMI at full throttle through those 3 chamber flowmasters sounded awesome. I'll build another one someday.

King RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew vipermed would appreciate this! Someone had to be sacrificed. We are all wondering silently ?
I am counting on you to avenge my honor.
I hope our closed track has three lanes. Been getting a little squirrely lately.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heh. Out here in NorCal, we've got all three varieties of S/C: Varanus's Roe S/C car, SmokinV10's Heffner S/C, and my DLM S/C. I sense a shootout at Sacramento Dragstrip coming up!!

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The part that really ***** for me is that we have 6 inches of snow on the ground and I have to read stories like this!! Tomorrow's forecast: MORE SNOW!!

I almost have to avoid reading any of the stories coming from Florida, Texas, or California because I'm getting serious Viper cabin fever!

Good kill stories!

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald,

And to think you won't come to the dragstrip...safety??

How long do you think it would have taken an ambulance and medical emergency staff to arrive at your "closed track" should an unfortunate accident happen?

Bradenton has them on staff at every session. Oh well, enough Daddy Tom stuff, whens the next closed track session, we might as well add in a nitrous car or two.

Be safe,

Tom

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald, nice kill! Your making me rough it too. We've had snow and I'm getting crazy not being able to take the snake for a spin. We have some long closed tracks here in NC. Never had a bike beat my sc car either, but I know every dog has his day. Just haven't had mine yet.

Cheers,
Chuck

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald,

And to think you won't come to the dragstrip...safety??

How long do you think it would have taken an ambulance and medical emergency staff to arrive at your "closed track" should an unfortunate accident happen?

Bradenton has them on staff at every session. Oh well, enough Daddy Tom stuff, whens the next closed track session, we might as well add in a nitrous car or two.

Be safe,

Tom

:confused: :laugh:
Gerald