DLM Update, After A Year And A Half (and many miles)...

Reaction score
Just an update of a DLM every-day driver Monster Viper:

The car still runs better than new after thousands of miles and well over a year of CA driving!!

I was just out at Infineon (Sears Point to us Locals) on Sunday in the Viper/Prowler corral. It reminded me that I've been too busy to update fellow Viper owners about my car. Especially those that are contemplating a DLM make-over.

I still couldn't be happier. I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM SINCE I GOT THE CAR BACK FROM DOUG, even as wild as it is. I've been on cruises with the Prowler Club and in various local Parades, and the engine has never overheated. My garage floor doesn't have so much as a drop of anything from my car. There are no rattles, squeaks, or any funny sounds coming from the engine as well. It still idles smooth and blows anything off the road. About 50% of the passengers still get tunnel-vision when "Boosting" from 60mph to 160. After 160mph, they just start screaming. Over 200 is not a problem (they get real quiet). I'm not sure there is a top speed? It would probably blow apart first... :shocked:

For those asking "Where's the hood?", here's the skinny:

When I got my Viper back (1995 RT/10) from DLM, Doug said I'd need to put some cooling vents in the hood (as my year had none). I went to Jerry Wolf, the guy that designed the look and feel of my Viper, and asked him what we could do. At that point Jerry went nuts and designed a whole new hood for me. It's a two-piece unit with steel vents that match the engine. It's being made out of carbon fiber, and is three months behind. It will look pretty cool when finished and installed. It will also make the car more aerodynamic and afford more breathing room for the engine. All in all it should be done in a month or so. A company called Creative Concepts (Builder-Of-The-Year) is working with Jerry Wolfe to build it for us. I'll post pictures when done.

Here's a hood-less shot from Infineon this past Sunday:

You must be registered for see images

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My DLM car also runs like a champ and has never given me any problems.....just alot of a__ whoopins !

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
Doug (DLM) actually builds custom Systems to order, not kits. Every System is a bit different than the next. It's quite involved actually, so you might want to contact Doug himself. He's a great guy!

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
same here.....Love my DlM car!i had a gen 1 car Doug built YEARS ago :D
Your car does look real nice with out the hood. Its a shame Dodge didn't make them open that way like the SRT :p :laugh: :) .
Max

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car is soooo nice. Good to hear DLM has kept you as happy as I am :headbang:

-Lou

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exec,

It's been a while since I've been online. Wondered what happened to your car?
I do remember back in the day of the torque from the Gen I. Makes me miss mine :p
I can't imagine how much TQ your car makes. Have you had any good races with any Gen II cars? :2tu: Die Hard Gen I owner.
I plan on keeping my Gen II DLM car for only the next 25 years. Maybe then I'll consider selling it :D

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daniel, I just received my DLM car & its GREAT to hear that you are still happy after 1 1/2 yrs. I read you said thousands of miles, how many thousands??

Thanks
Andy

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug (DLM) actually builds custom Systems to order, not kits. Every System is a bit different than the next. It's quite involved actually, so you might want to contact Doug himself. He's a great guy!

Yes he does. I had one of the 1st kits.. That was over 5 years ago.. Damn I loved that car. I wanted a GenII so that's why I sold it..

Gerald

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
Daniel, I just received my DLM car & its GREAT to hear that you are still happy after 1 1/2 yrs. I read you said thousands of miles, how many thousands??

Thanks
Andy

I have over 52k miles on the car as a hole, with about 4k on the DLM system.

-Dan

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 DlM Vipers an close to 50, 000 miles on my sc cream puff :headbang:
its always exciting to drive!
Max