Do you regret buying a Borla exhaust rather than a Corsa exhaust?

porschebreath

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not alone. I want to get a new exhaust , but don't really want to pay the extra $$$ if I don't have to. Corsa exhaust is about $500 to $600 more. Should I just go for it and pay the extra cash , or do I not have to. Thanks in advance.

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I didn't buy the Borla exhaust,,,the first owner did, but I haven't had any problems other than it sounding

nascar-ish at times, with the deep rumbling sound which makes the neighbors turn their heads.

'06 coupe

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the corsa track on my GenIII and I felt is was "ok". No issues at all, easy install, but the sound was ok, not muscle like, not ferrari like, in the middle somewhere. I'd love something that sounded better, I'm going to be shopping for my GenIV (which arrives today) since they are so stickin quiet. Corsa is an easy choice, but interested in other options for sure.

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't have an SRT but I do have a Borla, which the previous owner installed, and ever since I did my Roe HF cats people don't stop asking what exhaust I have and how amazing it sounds.... this is happening at all the Viper gatherings.... Belanger headers going on next.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't have an SRT but I do have a Borla, which the previous owner installed, and ever since I did my Roe HF cats people don't stop asking what exhaust I have and how amazing it sounds.... this is happening at all the Viper gatherings.... Belanger headers going on next.

Same reactions with my Borla setup. Love it. And it is...

attachment.php

BenDiem

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the Mopar Performance Exhaust (Borla) on my '06 and absolutely loved it!
I have the stock exhaust on my '09 and I miss the Borla sound. If I wasn't interested in trading up to a '10 model, I'd get another Borla exhaust.
Decisions, decisions...

Cheers,

BB

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a Borla for a month, and the DRONE was so bad that the wife will not ride with me anymore. After that I got a set of corsas and I will never go back to any other set up. I did my corsa with stock cats, then HF cats,and now with a set of american racing H the sound is incredeble and no DRONE.

Last edited:

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a Borla for a month, and the DRONE was so bad that the wife will not ride with me anymore. After that I got a set of corsas and I will never go back to any other set up. I did my corsa with stock cats, then HF cats,and now with a set of american racing H the sound is incredeble with out any DRONE.

Same here. Installed the Corsa system (#14176) with stock cats. Couldn't take the drone of the Borla system.

Last edited:

rudedawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put the Mopar Performance Exhaust [Borla] and Random Tech High Flow Cats on my 06 Coupe and now it sounds as good as it looks. Drone what Drone speak louder I can't hear you. Only kidding it really sounds killer, where did I get them Jon B where else !!!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I regret buying the Corsa cat back for my old 09 Viper and the Belanger cat back on my new ACR is much louder and less money too. The Corsa IMO is not much louder than stock.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not alone. I want to get a new exhaust , but don't really want to pay the extra $$$ if I don't have to. Corsa exhaust is about $500 to $600 more. Should I just go for it and pay the extra cash , or do I not have to. Thanks in advance.

THE YEAR -MODEL MATTERS!

If you hate the drone or resonance of the uneven firing V-10, only Corsa will eliminate that.

The glass canopy of a GTS can direct drone at your ears; Convertibles dont trap/reflect drone as much.

Sidepipes can be "******' for some.

If you have a 96-2002....delete the rear muffler for peanuts and see how you like it!

NOTE: Everyone who changes from stock LIKES IT...regardless of the system. ANYTHING is better than stock from 92-06.

JonB~~~~:<~

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll be installing a Magnaflow in about 3 months, anyone have any experiance with those? I was thinking of going Corsa, but ended up getting a great deal on the magnaflow.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have had magnaflows on my 2 SRT Rams and on my Saleen Cobra S281. The Saleen exhaust was custom built by magnaflow. I liked the sound. Not as loud and not as raspy as a borla on the trucks. Had a Corsa catback on the '02 Daytona24 and really liked its tone. Would definitely go back to a Corsa when I add cat backs to the '09.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB is right. I have a '97 GTS. Belanger header, cat delete, exhust delete.

WOW! LOUD! maybe to loud, yes drone at 80 MPH and forget about being able to talk to your track instructor even with race intercom system.

Does it sound good? Yes!

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I asked Mark at Woodhouse what he recommended, he said only Corsa because of quality and sound. Put it on my '03 and the sound was much better. Biggest benefit is that the crossover is gone and so is a lot of HEAT. If you scrimp now, you might regret it later.

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the corsa track on my GenIII and I felt is was "ok". No issues at all, easy install, but the sound was ok, not muscle like, not ferrari like, in the middle somewhere. I'd love something that sounded better, I'm going to be shopping for my GenIV (which arrives today) since they are so stickin quiet. Corsa is an easy choice, but interested in other options for sure.

I have n 09 and had the mufflers removed, straight pipe from cat back. Cheap mod, if you don't like it just change it out. I have had 2 Corsa's, 3 in and RTs and 2.5 in with stock cats and Paxton;
the 2.5 with stock cats and Paxton sounded the best but still droned, the 3 in with RTs was fing loud and tons of drone. Also tried B&B with x-over, better than the 3in Corsa sound wise.
What I have now is mellow at idle and cruise and a bit loud when you open it up, kind of a "best of both worlds". Much better than the Corsa IMO.

I have heard of guys gong with headers and stock mufflers on the Gen 4s and liking the sound but then you are talking 2 grand plus.

Herc

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Borlas with RT Highflows Metallic Substrate and like them a lot. Drone doesn't bother me at all, quite frankly I want to hear it. They still aren't that loud, much louder than stock, but not quite loud enough for my taste. I don't like Corsa products at all and wouldn't even consider them.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Borlas with RT Highflows Metallic Substrate and like them a lot. Drone doesn't bother me at all, quite frankly I want to hear it. They still aren't that loud, much louder than stock, but not quite loud enough for my taste. I don't like Corsa products at all and wouldn't even consider them.

Wow, you actually want to hear the drone? Yep, there's all kinds out there. How about if you're driving for more than a half hour? I threw over $4K away in exhaust mods because the exhaust drone/loudness was too much.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my '08 coupe, stock sounded like a vacuum machine or something. I tried high-flow metal cats and corsas and it was a disaster! Like no exhaust at all. The police followed me immediately.

Then I switched to corsas and stock cats and it was a 100% better than stock with no drone. NOTE: this setup is not overly loud. On throttle it sounds much better, but it is not screaming loud and there is no drone.

I have had other cars where I added headers and exhaust and the drone just made the care unplesant to drive.

Nevertheless, each to their own. Sound is very subjective!

95BlackZ28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go for the Corsa. I have an 05 and it sounds like a race car at WOT. The sound is amazing but still very livable during normal use. No drone, and I swear the interior is 50% cooler than with stock.
People comment on the exhaust sound all the time and the build quality is second to none.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Indeed, sound is very subjective. One general rule of thumb, few exceptions:

The decibel level tolerated is inversely proportional to the age of the buyer.

Magnaflow exhaust is 2.5"...no 3". Quiet. Waste of money on a G4... G3 should just add a G4 take-off exhaust!

Last edited:

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the Borla but when you "get on it" it clearly makes enough noise to be noticed (cops included). I really don't notice the drone that others talk about. Maybe I need to turn up my hearing aid. :D

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Indeed, sound is very subjective. One general rule of thumb, few exceptions:

The decibel level tolerated is inversely proportional to the age of the buyer.

Very funny, Jon. But there's some truth to that (except for those of us who refuse to grow up!).

My take on the 2.5"-inlet Corsa on my '05 Copper head: It's about "right", and sounds fantastic at highr RPM's and/or large throttle openings. This is with stock cats. It is definitely not a quiet car by any means. Little story here... yesterday I was leaving a car show in Santa Rosa, CA, and after prying the crowds away from the Viper, this girl I know wanted a ride. So we drove off the lawn and out under a big concrete 6-lane freeway underpass, like a giant tunnel, and I floored the Copperhead and got a sound like a full-field NASCAR green flag. Drivers of Priuses and Camrys ***'d their drawers and pulled off. Small birds fell from their nests. The blonde in the passenger seat was laughing the whole time. I asked if it was too loud and she said it was really fun. So I'm keeping the Corsas despite getting older every day and wondering if the neighbors are ticked off.

Now if they could just make these cars sound like a V12 at idle, that would be even better. My next-door neighbor bought a pearl orange '06 Murcielago roadster, and it sounds like God when he starts it up in the driveway.

Last edited:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I'd love to either sound like the F1/Ferrari/Lambo type sound or a muscle type sound. MY new stock GenIV is sooooooo quiet it's creeping me out. I had the Corsa track on my GenIII and thought it was a nice balance, but this stock setup is killing me. I can't shop right now, gotta get a Autoform from JonB 1st, track day in 26 days & gotta get ready. But boy does this need something on the exhaust side. Based on JonB's post above I guess the magnaflow is out as a waste of $ on a GenIV.

Corsa again ... what about Belanger catback? I may do hiflows this go 'round. But I too am not a drone fan for cruising ....

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had Corsas on Vipers, Vettes and Caddies--likely as many as 10. Never had a Borla. (unless it was OE on some car and I did not know). I recently got the Belanger cat back on my 2010 and am still getting used to it. It is OK, but not as loud as I would like.

The problem may be me and not the exhaust. I probably don't hear as well anymore and the Heffner and Hennessey systems on my Ford GTs create a sound unlike anything I have heard before. But V8s are like that I guess.

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I regret buying the Corsa cat back for my old 09 Viper and the Belanger cat back on my new ACR is much louder and less money too. The Corsa IMO is not much louder than stock.

My buddy has a full Belanger on his ACR as well and it's how a Viper should sound.... I can hear him coming from a mile away, it puts a smile on my face over my own set up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang