Do You Use The Car Wash For Your Viper?

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only do I not use the car wash, I don't even wash the cars any more.

They don't see rain, snow or bad weather of any kind so they don't get that dirty.

After 2 weeks of use, they are dusty but not dirty - I cycle a new car into "service" every 2 weeks...before I store the just driven car, I give it a quick dusting with the california duster followed by 30 minutes to an hour of Z6 detailing (+ wheels and tires) and interior cleaning and they are perfect again ("Rode hard, put away CLEAN")

The less you touch the paint, the better - period. Regardless of the quality of your washing towels/mitts/etc. You can still get a bit of grain or something in your towel and not catch it until it's too late. Besides, washing the car every weekend just strips the Zaino off faster. :)

This system has worked wonderfully for my cars for the past 3 years. If I do happen to drive through puddle or a sprinkler I just take care of it that night with the same methods but just spot cleaning as needed.

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually wash my cars myself, but there are a couple places local to me that do awesome hand car washes for <$50.

Lots of other exotic cars of the "F" and "L" and "P" varieties frequent these car washes, so i feel comfortable taking my cars there.

Ting

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, thank you everyone for all your posts. It seems to be overwhelming wrong to take your Viper to the car wash. I already figured this but I just wanted to see how many people actually do. I must confess that I have done it twice because I was pressed for time. Would I do it all the time? NO but if I have no other choice then I will.

Hockeysnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bring mine through the local car wash 3-4 times per week. It is great! The wheels have huge gouges out of them because they use a shovel to wedge the wheels into the track and after it goes through the sandpaper wash cycle then I watch as 10 guys with keys hanging from their pants lean over the car to dry it off with those ever so soft polyester towels. My seats only have a dozen or so tears in them from the pens,knives,scrapers in the guys back pockets. Man, I tell you I would never do it myself.