Dodge factory car covers?

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Dodge SRT-10 carcover from a dealer? On the bag, does it have SRT-10 or Viper RT/10? Does it have mirror pockets and a clear panel for the license plate? thanks, John

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My Mamba came with a Dodge Cover. thin gray material, gray bag, mirror pockets and clear panel in the back. Says Mamba on the bag in my case...

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the mopar covers are a PITA, you almost need 2 people to put it on. It slide's all over the place while trying to put it on.

TBarrow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
John,

The factory cover has the clear window over the license plate, and mirror pockets. The added bonus to the factory cover is where the exhaust tips are located the factory cover has heat shields so they will not melt the cover. mine has the grey bag with the SRT-10 Viper logo on both the bag and the front of the cover.

Installing the cover = after you put the cover on for the first time, take the front off first and roll it back to the windshueld (leave it on the mirrors) do the same for the back and roll it forward where it is across the windshield. as long as the mirrors are in the pockets it will not move. go to one side and pull the cover off the mirror. walk back around and roll the cover up towards you. I marked the drivers and passengers side with a sharpie on the inside of the cover where the security cable passes through. This way what ever side you roll it towards you know what side to start with. to re-install the cover check the side and put the mirror in the pocket, roll it accross the windshield and put it over the opposite mirror. It will not blow or slide off at this point. pull it down over the front and rear...

Todd

G

grcforce327

I think the mopar covers are a PITA, you almost need 2 people to put it on. It slide's all over the place while trying to put it on.

Lay it down the center of the car,cover one side mirror with the pocket and then cover the other one.Cover the rear of the car,then cover the front!No more sliding issues and takes 1 minute tops! :2tu:

TBarrow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GRC,

That is the shorter version. I am used to painting a picture with my associates so they cannot say they don't understand.

Todd

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW i got mine from California Car Cover(mid $300) they make one in an extremely light weight material that is also machine washable(air dry) at home vs. haveing to take it to a laundrymat and have it washed.

G

grcforce327

GRC,

That is the shorter version. I am used to painting a picture with my associates so they cannot say they don't understand.

Todd

I'll put a engineer on it ASAP!!! :D :bonker: :D

Guy C.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was given a free DC Viper cover when I bought my viper but found it was close to useless as it was hard to put on with 1 person and did not protect the car well at all. I researched many companies and ended up buying a Cover King cover. it is called a COVER KING CVC3SP294 V STORMPROOF VIPER CAR COVER. I bought it from AJUSA.com and paid $289.37 for it including freight. It is a heavier material and is imperious to anything. It does take up some extra room in the trunk as it is thicker but it is the best cover I have found anywhere. Their web site is http://www.coverking.com. They make many different materials and I went with the best which is called STORMPROOF which can be seen here http://www.coverking.com/customcarcovers_materials.html. Here is the link for different companies who sell these covers:
http://www.coverking.com/buynow.html

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"BEST" is a subjective term in this case, and will depend on conditions your car will be stored in(inside or outdoors), and what your trying to protect the car from. My car is in a garage all winter and gets covered just to keep the dust off. If you need to protect from a potential impact or scrape i would use a thicker material. Car covers should be able to "breath" and let air and moisture out from under it. The California car cover product i bought can be machine washed at HOME and air dried. On the other hand the thicker covers will need to be washed at a laundry mat or similar service with comercial sized laundry equipt. I have had to pay $35-40 to wash my boat cover(about same size a thicker car cover). And paid nothing to wash my car cover at home when it comes off and gets packed away for the nice months

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sylvan has a good point here. The STORMPROOF cover can be machined washed at home from what I remember and it is good for both indoors and outdoors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302