Dodge SRT10 or Dodge SRT10 "Viper"

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had two members of this site in the past 24 hours tell me that in 2003 the word viper was dropped from the model and it was only called the Dodge SRT10...But because people kept referring to the 03's as the Viper..We still call it that today...

This makes no sense to me and I questioned the origional person who told me this..then shortly after a srt10 owner told me it was true..

Am I missing somthing here? I have never herd of this in anyway?

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats what I thought....Maybe the first batch of 03's that rolled out were srt10's and they changed it..I dont know..But these guys are telling me it was the Dodge SRT10 and the word Viper was dropped in another thread...INTERESTING

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think when the new body came out--- the (team) that built the car called it the srt=10--- but it never had the viper name dropped..unless iv missed something along the way:drive:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a Viper plain and simple. Just GEN III / GEN IV envy by some outdated, knuckle dragging GEN I / GEN II owners. :)

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Someone doesn't know what they are talking about. It has always been the Viper. The website still says Viper, the badging on the car still says Viper, the model VIN reference still lists Viper, and the window stickers for my '04 and '05 says Viper.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All Vipers have a sub name to seperate them from the rest. The true name is Viper.

R/T 10
GTS
ACR
SRT-10
Wagon.....ops no wagon

The truck says Viper Powered

Bruce

supraking85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in europe/england the viper name has had to be dropped as a kit company bought the rights to it for its gen2 kits.
so over here it is just the srt/10
but we all know its a viper :)

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok...so this is were the rumor origionated from..thanks supraking

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mines a viper and it says so........
But yes the official cars in the UK were SRT-10's...

I was in that video ....

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
youa re all wrong. in '03 the word viper was dropped and people kept referring to the 03's as a VETTE.

:D

LOL..that wasnt till 2005 when the vette tried to copy...Not SRT's fault:dunno:

I hate vette desighners..Loved the C5's though..still like that look..

Silver98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some Gen 1&2 in Europe had "Chrysler Viper" on the rear bumper because Dodge was not sold in Europe. Is it still the case?

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I saw a C5 over he weekend where the guy installed a fixed glass or lexan headlight cover and it looked pretty slick but the C6 is a better looking car IMO.

I think now that the have determined that 2003 SRT/10s are not Vipers we should ban the owners from the forum.:nono::rolleyes::lmao:

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a Viper plain and simple. Just GEN III / GEN IV envy by some outdated, knuckle dragging GEN I / GEN II owners. :)

"Envy"...HARDLY! I wouldn't take 10 GEN III/GEN IV's for my GEN II, and the day a GTS/RT-10 looks outdated is the day hell freezes over. The body lines on a GEN III/IV are about as exciting as a squirrel fart, and you have to get up close to tell if it's a Viper or Vette. :eater:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>Some Gen 1&2 in Europe had "Chrysler Viper" on the rear bumper because Dodge was not sold in Europe. Is it still the case?<<<

No.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Envy"...HARDLY! I wouldn't take 10 GEN III/GEN IV's for my GEN II, and the day a GTS/RT-10 looks outdated is the day hell freezes over. The body lines on a GEN III/IV are about as exciting as a squirrel fart, and you have to get up close to tell if it's a Viper or Vette. :eater:

Since you mentioned squirrels...:lmao:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Ya6z-NlDo&feature=player_embedded[/media]

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here we go again...srt10's are pretty sick lookin in person..when i was a gen2 owner and I saw a gen 3 I personally got a lil jelous...The interior through the glass and the wide stance with the hood vents that were actually part of the hood instead of an inseryt just really made me want to trade..

id like to say trade up as in my personal opinion I wanted to trade UP...But I understand we all view things differantly...just being honest about how I felt as a gen2 owner..Now as a Gen3 owner their has never been a time I wanted a gen2 again...

Both amazing vipers...But no reason to call the srt as boreing as a squirell fart...me saying the gen2's look older than dust wouldnt be very nice as well... so I wont say it

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Had some guy this weekend ask me if my car was a vette. After laughing out loud I said "no, it is a Viper".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456