Dodge Super Viper in Viper Magazine

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
YES!

I would put a deposit on one today if I had just a couple of questions answered.

1. Does it still have the folding top?
(hidden from view?). I rented the "Autoform" hard-top for Viper Day's and it worked great! Best of both world's if so.

2. Does this "Carbon Coupe" have an official "roll-bar"?

If it does, and she (my Carbon Coupe) can go ******* at the track, my check-book is really starting to throb. I am not a big fan of removeable hard-tops, BUT, I DO want to be able to go to the track without safety hassles!

3. Does the "SRT-Carbon" already have headers and/or the Corsa "Track-Exhaust" installed?

since a couple of the most popular mods are K&N Filters, (most owners first mod IMHO) Cat-Back exhaust, and lastly, headers- does the "SRT-Carbon" already have these things done? (I know it has a new intake set-up. I am just making a point).

4. Does the "SRT-Carbon" have special (Sparco?) racing seats and 5-6 point harnesses installed? I THINK I see these in the pictures?

5. IS this "SRT-Carbon" going to have SERIOUSLY IMPROVED HEAT INSULATION????

(installing the Corsa "Track-Exhaust" got rid of a lot of cockpit heat by eliminating the H-section/Butt-bakeing crossover. PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE "FOOT-WELL AREA HEAT!).

6. Does the "SRT-Carbon" have 19" wheels front/back? What size are they, and were the new sizes chosen to allow us to easily purchase/use "Hoosier's" or other high-grip tires?

At my first Viper-Day's (I got to be instructed/terrorized by our very own Bill Pemberton), I was very aware that many participants had purchased new "track wheels" and were using the Hoosier tires for better grip. Apparently, there are not many tire choices for the track that fit our stock SRT-10 wheels?

6. Any other goodies installed? (I did read about the C.C. type suspension). I mean things like GEARS, FLYWHEEL, CLUTCH?

I have been curious to up-grade the clutch and try (I'm skeptical of) the "lightweight Fly-wheel". The 3.55 or so gears would be fun! (BUT, wouldn't we have to shift to fourth to finsh a 1/4 mile drag. Wouldn't that hurt our times and make hooking up even more of a problem?).

Well, that's the crucial list of my questions for now. I think D/c (or SRT) should have offered more optional-equipment packages a long time ago. There is great comfort to me in having factory-installed, "warranty friendly" performance options!

Thanks!

Jim

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
YES!

I would put a deposit on one today if I had just a couple of questions answered.

1. Does it still have the folding top?
(hidden from view?). I rented the "Autoform" hard-top for Viper Day's and it worked great! Best of both world's if so.

2. Does this "SRT-Carbon" have an official "roll-bar"?

If it does, and she (my SRT- Carbon) can go ******* at the track, my check-book is really starting to throb. I am not a big fan of removeable hard-tops, BUT, I DO want to be able to go to the track without safety hassles!

3. Does the "SRT-Carbon" already have headers and/or the Corsa "Track-Exhaust" installed?

since a couple of the most popular mods are K&N Filters, (most owners first mod IMHO) Cat-Back exhaust, and lastly, headers- does the "SRT-Carbon" already have these things done? (I know it has a new intake set-up. I am just making a point).

4. Does the "SRT-Carbon" have special (Sparco?) racing seats and 5-6 point harnesses installed? I THINK I see these in the pictures?

5. IS this "SRT-Carbon" going to have SERIOUSLY IMPROVED HEAT INSULATION????

(installing the Corsa "Track-Exhaust" got rid of a lot of cockpit heat by eliminating the H-section/Butt-bakeing crossover. PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE "FOOT-WELL AREA HEAT!).

6. Does the "SRT-Carbon" have 19" wheels front/back? What size are they, and were the new sizes chosen to allow us to easily purchase/use "Hoosier's" or other high-grip tires?

At my first Viper-Day's (I got to be instructed/terrorized by our very own Bill Pemberton), I was very aware that many participants had purchased new "track wheels" and were using the Hoosier tires for better grip. Apparently, there are not many tire choices for the track that fit our stock SRT-10 wheels?

7. Any other goodies installed? (I did read about the C.C. type suspension). I mean things like GEARS, FLYWHEEL, CLUTCH?

I have been curious to up-grade the clutch and try (I'm skeptical of) the "lightweight Fly-wheel". The 3.55 or so gears would be fun! (BUT, wouldn't we have to shift to fourth to finsh a 1/4 mile drag. Wouldn't that hurt our times and make hooking up even more of a problem?).

Well, that's the crucial list of my questions for now. I think D/c (or SRT) should have offered more optional-equipment packages a long time ago. There is great comfort to me in having factory-installed, "warranty friendly" performance options!

Thanks!

Jim

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry about the "double post"!

Does anybody have any more info or comments on my questions? I am really hoping that they build the SRT-Carbon, and I hope it has a roll-bar under that hard-top.

I want one!

Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog