Dodge Viper driver loses control in deadly crash

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HOUSTON -
The driver of a Dodge Viper died in a crash after losing control of the vehicle Sunday.

The scene happened around 12:45 a.m. on Cunningham Road and West Little York Road.

Investigators said the driver of the Viper was speeding, lost control and began to skid.

The vehicle rammed through a wooden telephone pole, splitting it in half, and then flipped over, officials said.

The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.

Authorities said the passenger was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital in serious but stable condition.

Deputies were investigating if racing was a possible cause and if another vehicle was possibly involved.

You must be registered for see images

sad to see this this morning

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you think of anyone with a Red Gen I in the club? I am asking seriously as I know quite a few Gen I owners but not Red. Not sure who this is. This took place at the same location we had the dyno day last week. Prayers out to the family and hope the passenger makes a full recovery.

Sorry to see this. Anyone know if its a Houston Viper Club member?

rpm9000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It could be a Gen.2 because it has Gen.2 wheels on it. I don't recognize it.
Can you think of anyone with a Red Gen I in the club? I am asking seriously as I know quite a few Gen I owners but not Red. Not sure who this is. This took place at the same location we had the dyno day last week. Prayers out to the family and hope the passenger makes a full recovery.

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just another reminder to be careful everytime we get behind the wheel of ANY car. Thoughts and prayers to the family and passenger.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everytime I hear about accidents like this, Viper or otherwise, I am interested to know if the driver has any track time. I am convinced that time on a real track would significantly reduce these sorts of accidents.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other thing to take note of is the fact that the later hour gets, the POTENTIAL for alcohol to be a contributing factor increases almost exponentially.

killerviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yowza I know exactly where that is. I was at that intersection on Friday in my 01 GTS. That's right next to to the vette performance shop LMR (Late Model Racecraft). My condolences to to the the driver and his family :(

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He had track time, I'm sure this was just an instance of poor judgement and I am sorry he is gone. Even if he did use poor judgement I wished he was still here, he was a good guy.

Everytime I hear about accidents like this, Viper or otherwise, I am interested to know if the driver has any track time. I am convinced that time on a real track would significantly reduce these sorts of accidents.

E_tar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Condolences to the family.
Rip Viper... Another one consigned to the great yard in the sky.

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What was the drivers name?

It is unfortunate and the driver definetly did use poor judgement, was not the time or the place ( we have all made poor judgement, he just paid severely for his decision). Hopefully the passenger will be alright

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very, Very, sad news :( My deepest condolences to the Drivers family.

Best wishes to the passenger for a full recovery, perhaps in time the truth will come out on the details of the accident :(

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very sad, RIP and speedy recovery to others involved, we all know speed kills, and as we always tell our kids "make good choices"!!! Drive safely all and regardless of track time this is no track, too many obstacles!!!:(

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scenes like that always shake me up. Wow, that car was really smashed and the Viper has a very strong frame. Sorry you lost your friend F8L SNK. Condolences to the family. RIP Joel.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Guys, Joel's cousin posted on the alley & said he said Joel didn't post on any forums, but had just joined the VCA last week & he was quite a character. He (Joel) had joked that he might as well pay the fee since he always showed up anyways at all the events with the Houston guys! His cousin also said Joel wasn't racing, it was just a spirited run that got out of control. Someone else on there had posted that Joel was leaving a car show & as he put it was showing out & lost control of the car. This was another pic that they had & to me looks even worst than the op.

Mike Q

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have had the opportunity to talk with joel a couple of times, not knowing last weekend at dyno day would be the last ,sure was a great guy,he will be missed ,my condolences to his brother adrian and his family,and his friend the passenger,all of you guys, will be in my prayers. RIP Joel

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456