Does anyone have a Mopar ECU or PCM

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what they went for new. They definetly are no longer being made. ITs been years since they last produced one. They never came in ANY year car, you had to buy them from Mopar performance parts.

Jon

vipergts2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So does anyone have a stock MOPAR PCM for sale? I thought that I had a mopar as well as a stock one but the one I thought was a mopar is jjust a reworked one.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the _real_ differences are w/ the "mopar performance" PCM other than the different checks in the OBDII? I hear it leans out the top end of the RPM band a little bit... but i'm not sure what else it does. But I might want one. Do you happen to know?

JD

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the _real_ differences are w/ the "mopar performance" PCM other than the different checks in the OBDII? I hear it leans out the top end of the RPM band a little bit... but i'm not sure what else it does. But I might want one. Do you happen to know?

JD

No, the fuel is MORE on the mopar ECU, I JUST dynoed 3 nights ago, proving this. I went back to back with Mopar and Stock 2002 ECU and the 2002 ecu will scare you with A/F ratio on the bottom end 2,500-3,500 (lean), but the mopar ecu was VERY consistent in keeping the a/f 14 to 1 for starters, then moving down to 12 to 1 from 5k-6k, the mopar supposedly has more advance though. Its meant to be used with headers, full exhaust, t&ds and smooth tubes and k&N filters. So they know that combo will lean out the motor, thats why they put more fuel in it. ITs a great pcm, and I cant wait to finish getting my mods back on the car, so I can use it effectively.

Jon

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By looking, what's the sure way to tell which one is which? Since I'm not the original owner of my '94, it might have the performance one in it but I'd like to know for sure.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder no more... here is a photo of a real one (mine):

4596DSCF0349.JPG

Jon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62