Does anyone have Venomblues #

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
"...where in Miami do you live?"

Homestead, quite close to the race track. Maybe 2-3 miles ATCF.

I'm usually out of the country, though, which is part of the reason this ridiculously long wait for the emblems in bothering me. I'm only able to drive the car a few months out of the year, and I'll be leaving to Europe soon. I want everything i ordered delivered and installed before I leave.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
venomblue550's second package of replacement emblems arrived today, which is Day 19 from the time he received payment. 19 days to get a package from New York to Miami. Great service there, venomblue...

So I'm all excited that the emblems finally got here. I grab the hair dryer, tear open the package and find what looks like aluminum foil covered in bubbly resin.

The underlying 'chrome' is wrinkled, and the clear resin coating has tiny bubbles in it. Then I realize that the letters/numbers aren't exactly the right size, and not only are they the wrong size, the size differences vary. One might be 8% smaller while another is 5% smaller.

I figure it might look different on the car, so I peel off the driver's side emblems and stick on the new 'chrome' ones. Gah. Rice. Not because of the color, but because of the quality. It looks those raised stickers you get out of a bowling alley gumball machine.

I can't believe you made me wait 19 days for this crap, venomblue.

Does anyone else sell chrome Viper emblems that don't look like ass? I know JonB and Tator do, but they only sell the sides. Any other vendor who sells all four emblems for the RT/10?

If not, I'll just remove all the emblems. Doesn't look bad without them, actually.

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wow....this is unreal....i really don't know what did we do to you to make you hate us that bad or someone told you to do this....but i mean the first set of emblems got lost, it was NOT late, i'm sure we got them out to you on time, but if they were missing since they left from here, then no matter you wait for a month or a year, they NEVER gonna show up, you can't put all that on us, it's not like you have GOT the 1st set after 19 days, so you can't really say they are LATE...they are MISSING due to the postal service....and we got the replacement set right out to you once we found out 1st set were missing....now about the quality of emblems, i'm sure most of customers were happy with them, and i'm sure they are happy with all our products.... you can't really compare it to the OEM, OEM cost over $150 just for both sides, and they don't even make the rear bumper set, plus there is not even any other vendors sell them, so why don't you get urself one of these $15k machine and make it urself and see how much trouble you will have to go though, we did the best we can to serve all the viper owners on here....i know you gonna be hate us now on, i mean there is no way for us to make you happy again, so i would even refund half of your payment to just make you don't think we ripped you off....THANKS

MannyG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venomblue, I think you are an honorable guy who's trying to make a living selling to us Viper owners. Your product was not as good as real chrome (in a side by side comparison), but your price certainly compensates for that.

However, my biggest beef was that your emblems were not the same size as the original. Due to the circumstances of my car, I could not use them (except on the rear bumper). I ended up having to order the side emblems from parts rack (which did fit perfectly).

You need to adjust the quality control of your product to match the size of the original emblems. Either that, or warn the customers (ahead of time) that they are not the same size.

You seem to be very responsive to most of your customers. Your product arrived to my home damaged from shipping and you sent a replacement right away.

Learn from the QA/QC issues and shipping problems and react. I'm sure your business will grow.

MannyG

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
"i really don't know what did we do to you to make you hate us"

I don't hate you, I simply dislike your product and shipping practices.

"or [if] someone told you to do this..."

What, you mean like corporate sabotage in the emblem industry? Get real. I'm just a very dissatisfied customer.

"...the first set of emblems got lost, it was NOT late...but if they were missing since they left from here, then no matter you wait for a month or a year, they NEVER gonna show up, you can't put all that on us, it's not like you have GOT the 1st set after 19 days, so you can't really say they are LATE..."

Actually, as I am on the receiving end, I can say they were late. To me, the first set of emblems don't exist. Whether they were mailed or not in the first place is an unknown to me. For what it's worth, I think you actually did mail them, but again, I don't know because I wasn't there to see it and most importantly, you didn't provide a tracking number that you could have gotten for 45¢ extra. You said yourself that you have shipping problems with USPS, so knowing this, why on Earth would you not get a tracking number with each package sent? I had to wait 19 days because of the delivery method you chose. How is that not your fault?

"...and we got the replacement set right out to you once we found out 1st set were missing..."

That's a bit disingenuous, isn't it? I alerted you 12 days after payment. You waited until Day 18 before shipping a replacement set. And you even said you would ship them on Tuesday, which you didn't do. Instead, you waited until Thursday. So no, you didn't get the replacement set right out to me. Geez dude, all these events are chronicled on this board. Why would contradict yourself in the same thread?!?

"about the quality of emblems, i'm sure most of customers were happy with them...you can't really compare it to the OEM, OEM cost over $150 just for both sides, and they don't even make the rear bumper set, plus there is not even any other vendors sell them, so why don't you get urself one of these $15k machine and make it urself and see how much trouble you will have to go though...i would even refund half of your payment to just make you don't think we ripped you off..."

Fine, making OEM or higher quality is difficult and expensive. I can appreciate that. But you don't tell your customers this in advance, and that is where the problem is. These cars aren't Honda civics and many owners, like myself, are anal retentive about every aspect of the car. You should expect that from this crowd.

If you would have said, from the start, "I sell all four replacement emblems, but you should know that the size of the lettering/numbering is different and the quality is not as good as OEM" I would have said, "Thanks for your honesty" and not ordered. But you mentioned none of this, and what is happening right now is a result of you not being up front about your product.

Your shipping methods, while extraordinarily irritating, are not the reason for my critique. On the contrary, if your product was fantastic, I would be on the boards right now saying it was worth the wait, but it simply wasn't worth the wait and it certainly wasn't worth the money.

I'm going to replace the damn things, for freak's sake. You think I would eat $150 and spend another $500 if I was happy with your product?