does anyone know (Paxton and Roe) boost numbers

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the Paxton SC can run more then the advertised (per their website) 7.5# boost? If I were to upgrade to a SC I would obviously upgrade the pistons. If the Paxtons run only up to 7.5# then to me at least the better bang for the buck would be the Roe which I could go up to 10# (with piston upgrade). Can anybody enlighten me with the max boost for the Paxton? I havent seen many gen II's with the Paxtons compared to the Roe's and am a bit curious.

While I'm at it, seeing that many tuners use a Paxton as their supercharger of choice what are the differences between each of them for the money that they charge. If one does a Paxton and a tune for $xx,*** and another for a few grand less for generally the same supercharger and tune is there any reason not to go a less costly route? Shouldnt they all get generally the same numbers?

Thanks for any insight.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will try to be neutral here:

Don't focus just on the boost levels. Intercooled boost is better (more power) than non-intercooled boost. Roe is cutting into that with the water injection. Where is the boost at ? Is it peak or from 2000 rpm to max rpm.....power under the curve needs to be looked at. How much power does it take to spin the S/C ? Get dyno sheets from both and overlay them. The gen3 Paxton has great reviews, the gen2 factory kit is still in question from what I read. I don't even know if there have been any at the drag strips. Also don't confuse the factory kit with a custom Paxton by a tuner. I'm sure there will be a "few" more comments :eek: Tons of the same threads if you search.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not just the numbers, but the driving experience. Roe gives more boost down low, and Paxton runs away at the high end. Both can overpower the available traction with stock pilots, so take your pick.

I purchased a Paxton for my SRT due to emission certifications here in California. Very happy with the choice, but just as easily gone with Roe, as it really looks sharp, and Sean puts out a great product.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PSI, boost, etc... are all relative (just like Tony said).

If you want to play the #'s game, a paxton is capable of over 25psi of boost on _a_ car. On a viper, it depends on heads, cam, etc... a stock viper might make 7.5psi of boost on the "stock" paxton kit. port the heads and all of a sudden the car makes MORE power, but the boost level is down to 5 or even 4 psi. so you can't rely on the theory that boost=power.

of course, add heads and then _increase_ boost a little and then you are back to 7.5psi at a lot more power than you were before the heads/cam swap.

same principal goes for paxton and roe and any other.

It _is_ possible to max out the power on both blowers... and that is a function of blower RPM and not of boost. when the RPM of the supercharger is spinning about its rated efficiency, then all you are doing is creating heat and not more boost. so max boost of the SC happens here. I don't know what it is on the ROE, but on the paxton, their web site says 55000 rpm (blower RPM). to calculate this on a paxton, take crank pulley (dia) x 3.54 x shifting RPM and divide by blower pulley (dia). 3.54 is the internal step-up ratio of the blower and every supercharger is different with this one... consult the manufacturer.

good luck!

JD

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you are going to go with a Paxton set up, I would go with the tuner kit and build your own set up like I did.

DLM has a pretty nice Supercharger bracket system, the Paxton's bracket system is okay, but would needed to be modded to make it stronger.

Here's a few pics of what I did for a custom set up.

440DSC01401-med.JPG

440DSC01419-med.JPG

440DSC01475-med.JPG

440casper2005_043-med.jpg

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like others have said, don't compare a Tuner kit to a DIY paxton kit. Not the same.

I have yet to hear any good things about the GEN II paxton kit, but seem to remember alot of negatives early on.

Roe, around to help, and has alot of fast cars on the road that run his SC.

OH, and Roe is bidding on a Gallado on ebay too! :2tu:

OP
OP
D

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the responses guys, Sean has been great!! I've e-mailed him a few times and he's been very prompt. If I could only find someone to install a Roe, I may go for it.

Thanks again.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the responses guys, Sean has been great!! I've e-mailed him a few times and he's been very prompt. If I could only find someone to install a Roe, I may go for it.

Thanks again.
1tony1 has an airplane and will fly for food :D He gives free installs if you buy the kit from him. PM him :2tu:

OP
OP
D

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad, believe me, I've thought of that too. However, I cant quite spend $30K for the setup which does/doesnt include half shafts, parachutes :) , roll bar/cage, etc. I'm just looking for a little bit more than what I have.

that may change :) once I see what NO MERCY brings home from Heff. Are you familiar with Heffs supercharger packages are far as HP/TQ numbers are concerned for a creampuff?

hoping you have continued success!!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad, believe me, I've thought of that too. However, I cant quite spend $30K for the setup which does/doesnt include half shafts, parachutes :) , roll bar/cage, etc. I'm just looking for a little bit more than what I have.

that may change :) once I see what NO MERCY brings home from Heff. Are you familiar with Heffs supercharger packages are far as HP/TQ numbers are concerned for a creampuff?

hoping you have continued success!!

I don't think Jason will do a SC on a Creampuff unless the pistons are changed.

But HP/TQ numbers are 725rw+/-, on a stock engine.

Whatever blower you are getting, you will LOVE every second of it!! :2tu:

OP
OP
D

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would want to keep the interior stock (no roll cage/bar) and obviously upgrade the pistons to maximize the possibilities of MORE POWER!! I also dont want to get kicked out of any events for going too fast without a cage, etc. So whatever hp/tq is needed to run a 10.*** something pass is what I'd be shooting for.