Does anyone know this snake?

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My brother is getting rid of his rice rocket and moving his way over to mopar. I told him to check out Bernie @ BJ Motors where he found a repainted 97' rt/10 venom 600 that he likes. (originally red)

see: http://www.bjmotors.biz/1997HennesseyRT10_1803.html#specs

I am trying to help him research the vehicle and didn't know if anyone here knew anything about this specific snake. It was the first venom 600 from [*****] in 97'. I was concerned that this might be one of the [*****] vehicles that was not port & polished, just sold by John stating it was. Should he have any concerns about it?

Bernie was up front with him about it being to the track. Other than brake wear, is there anything he should be concerned about the car being tracked?

We are building a list of questions about the car (some of which have been answered, some we have not asked yet).

-Any roof leaks?
-All recalls done?
-Did it ever have nitrous, s/c, or turbo on it?
-Dyno to back up mods?
-Properly aligned doors and front fascia?
-Missing weather stripping anywhere?
-Any squeeks or noises (e.g. brakes, clutch, etc.)

Please add to our growing list :2tu:

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bernie is at the top of the list as far as top notch sellers go. Ask him any questions and you will get an honest answer. If he doesn't know the answer, he will find it out for you.

OP
OP
J

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I completely agree. I picked up my 96' GTS from bernie. Just trying to think of things to ask him prior to buying. I can see the viper fever in my brother's head and I want to help him do his research quickly so we can start "The Adventures of Pete & Pete".

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bernie is at the top of the list as far as top notch sellers go. Ask him any questions and you will get an honest answer. If he doesn't know the answer, he will find it out for you.

Agreed. If the car had any major issues. It would not be in his inventory. Everything he sells is top notch.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I "think" I have this car on a V.O.I.8 videoclip with the number 714 in a stylish white font on both doors.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can tell you from experience that whom ever installed that front fascia is good. It is very difficult to get it aligned so well with proper hood gaps.

How much are they asking if you don't mind.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the car - It belonged to the "J" of BJ Motors. Yes, it's been tracked, but a real rare car, and it has been well cared for. If you like the mods, and the price is right, I see no problem in going for it.

Rev Maynard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys- I'm the guy interested in the car (JW BOND's brother) and it looks beautiful.

I have just heard some nasty things about [*****] in general - and I want to make sure that the car has the backbone that it says it has. I think I just need a recent dyno graph to make me content. I am really itching to get this thing now that my bro has his 96 GTS. The car is a dream - can't say enough about Vipers. wow. (especially the Gen I & II's) =)

I have been bitten by Pete....I need one.

I know Bernie is well respected and he certainly hooked my brother up with his GTS. I trust his word....I just don't trust [*****]'s.

Anyway- look forward to talking to all of you guys here.

later
ahhhhh...I see the forum automatically edits the tuners name. well....I think we all know who it is....eh ehstarts with an H.