Does anyone know where to get Vinyl Stripes?

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
You can go to your nearest vinyl/sign store, perhaps Fast Sign, and purchase as much vinyl of any color you want. It usually comes in rolls of 30 feet or more. It is usually 13-14" wide, which is not that efficient if you want to duplicate the factory's standard 8" wide stripe. Applying them yourself requires lots of patience, but it is doable. I've done it several times on my car.

If you want a really professional job, contact Al Roberts, a member of the Southern California VCA. I don't know his phone number, but you can contact the club at their web site and get it.

He's in the business and can make you pre-cut vinyl stripes that will fit perfectly. He'd also be happy to install them.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Franks right on the money. Go to any vinyl lettering shop, and you can even ask them to cut the exact width for 'ya (and even apply it!). The secret will be using the "soapy water method" rather than the dry method, this will allow you to alter the location just by sliding it around... otherwise you run the risk of wasting alot of vinyl if you don't drop it down in the exact spot.

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe you can find them at your local Wal-Mart. Right next to the neon running lights and dancing hula girl for your dash.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use tons of this stuff at work, tell your sign shop you want
a cast face vinyl with permanent acrylic adhesive. This will work best as it guaranteed for 6 years and will not to fade or shrink, its really thin and will form over the compound curves with a bit of persuasion with a hair dryer, applying wet is the only way to go. If you fancy a change later on, use a hair dryer again to warm the adhesive before removing, I've used this method several times on my viper

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Al Roberts at www.viperize.com is the one to call for what you want.

Al & Laurie also put out the finest newsletter in the VCA. Quality all the way around.

You must be registered for see images

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMSOSLO had vinyl strips put on his 94', I believe he had it done in the Dallas area. You may want to go to the members list and look up his e-mail and ask him. The stripes look GREAT.