Does the accel pedal come off?

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have snake-oyl's carbon/alum race pedals and I really need to remove the accel pedal to mount the new one to it properly. I just want to remove the part that your foot hits, not the whole shabang. It seems it pivots on a little screw but I couldn't feel a head so it may be a rivot type thing. Does anybody know if/how it comes off?

Thanks

- Mark ('99 ACR)

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I could tell you on a '93. It gas a long pin that you can push out from the under side and spring flies out. It is very uncomfortable to work on it and watch your eyes. It is easier for me to remove the whole deal, only has 4 bolts and the wire.

Elite1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a 2001 it certainly does come off. I've had the car for 2 weeks and th ething just fell off. I tried putting it back on with the pin but there does not seem to be any thingie to hold it on except a sping which I have no idea how to get back on the pedal. Hopefully a trip back to the dealer will help. Good luck.

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got frustrated after i put the pin and spring back in and it popped out after the first mile that i drove it. So i ordered a new pedal assembly (the whole thing) and modified it so that it would not pop uot ever again. Seems to be working so far.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad