Does this SRT appear to have spacers??

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most cars here have spacers.

I did not like them! For technical reasons.
Longer lever arms. Higher forces to stand etc.

Until I got the StarTech suspension.
You must install the spacers they supply to get the StarTech suspension installed and technically examined. Short of 1 inch or so.

Most guys ran +1 1/2 inch - that's just too much!

P.S.: I am pretty sure that you must install spacers for the KW also. Otherwise not enough room/clearance for the new suspension components behind the rubber.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spacers, like anything that increase stress, can be done safely when proper precautions are taken--precautions that are rarely used on the street. Rarely do normal people go over their cars after a run like an F1 team would. You can't apply everything that is "track-tested" to the street for this reason.

That's why drilled rotors are common on the track but ill-advised on the street. The real track team chucks them after every race (part of the "precautions"). But the street guy keeps them and thinks he can pick up those hairline cracks before the rotor falls apart. I would imagine the use of spacers for a pure track car is approached with the same overall caution.

BTW, I have drilled rotos and have used spacers in a past life (with extended-length lugs). But at least I know there's danger in them.